VirtualBox Plugin for unRAID v5 and v6

theone

@leeism... what other apps are you running on your server? For instance, I have newznab running on my server along with vbox, phpvirtualbox & others. Newznab requires special rewrite rules to be set in your web server, which can cause other pages (like phpvirtualbox) to display incorrectly or with a blank page like your screenshot.

Other apps may cause similar problems, but it can usually be resolved by changing some settings... however, we'll need a little more information.

A little problem:

If I have no internet connettivity the plug-in page takes something like 10 minutes to load. Can you fix this please?

Thank you

I am considering adding a timeout of 60 seconds to all of my plugins.

What do you think?

A little problem:

If I have no internet connettivity the plug-in page takes something like 10 minutes to load. Can you fix this please?

Thank you

I am considering adding a timeout of 60 seconds to all of my plugins.

What do you think?

Njon: The plugin page attempts to check for the latest version of the plugin, the latest version of virtualbox & the latest version of guest additions. If you do not have internet access when it attempts to check on this, everything has to time out before the page is fully displayed.  While waiting can be annoying, having it auto-check for updates is a really nice feature (& when you have Internet, the page should display much faster).

theone: If it is an easy fix to add the 60 second timeout & it will not cause the update-check feature to stop working, I'd say do it. I really like the version check though, so if the only fix ends up being to remove it, then no, please don't.

Njon: The plugin page attempts to check for the latest version of the plugin, the latest version of virtualbox & the latest version of guest additions. If you do not have internet access when it attempts to check on this, everything has to time out before the page is fully displayed.  While waiting can be annoying, having it auto-check for updates is a really nice feature (& when you have Internet, the page should display much faster).

theone: If it is an easy fix to add the 60 second timeout & it will not cause the update-check feature to stop working, I'd say do it. I really like the version check though, so if the only fix ends up being to remove it, then no, please don't.

There seems to be a --timeout=seconds option in the wget command I use for checking and downloading from the Internet.

I will give it a try.

Hi All

I appreciate your help with this. I have attached the screenshot of the web server SF screen. I didnt actually extract the files I placed them in the below

root@Towertest:/mnt/user/webstorage/phpvirtualbox# ls

CHANGELOG.txt  config.php-example  js/        rdp.php                vboxinit

GPLv3.txt      css/                languages/  rdpweb/

LICENSE.txt    images/            lib/        recovery.php-disabled

README.txt    index.html          panes/      screen.php

root@Towertest:/mnt/user/webstorage/phpvirtualbox#

I am running this in a virtual machine within virtual box. The IP is 192.168.1.38.

The below are the plugins I currently have running

root@Towertest:/boot/config/plugins# ls

simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg*

simpleFeatures.email.notify-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg*

simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg*

simpleFeatures.s3.sleep-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg*

simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg*

virtualbox/

virtualbox.plg*

Sorry guys I know it looks messy not sure how to past the code in directly! Let me know if there is anything else I can post to make things easier.

Lee

Screen_Shot_2013-06-03_at_10_11.19_AM.png.c9811b4b0a0db0eaa707c6ee88dbf5c0.png

Hi All

I appreciate your help with this. I have attached the screenshot of the web server SF screen. I didnt actually extract the files I placed them in the below

root@Towertest:/mnt/user/webstorage/phpvirtualbox# ls

CHANGELOG.txt  config.php-example  js/        rdp.php                vboxinit

GPLv3.txt      css/                languages/  rdpweb/

LICENSE.txt    images/            lib/        recovery.php-disabled

README.txt    index.html          panes/      screen.php

root@Towertest:/mnt/user/webstorage/phpvirtualbox#

I am running this in a virtual machine within virtual box. The IP is 192.168.1.38.

The below are the plugins I currently have running

root@Towertest:/boot/config/plugins# ls

simpleFeatures.core.webGUI-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg*

simpleFeatures.email.notify-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg*

simpleFeatures.itunes.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg*

simpleFeatures.s3.sleep-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg*

simpleFeatures.web.server-1.0.11-noarch-1.plg*

virtualbox/

virtualbox.plg*

Sorry guys I know it looks messy not sure how to past the code in directly! Let me know if there is anything else I can post to make things easier.

Lee

any of you guys able to help me with the information I have provided please?

ok I will try with another port instead of 81

I am getting a lot of these errors in the php error log, do you know what they would be?

[04-Jun-2013 19:05:39 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/pdo_sqlite.so' - libsqlite3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

[04-Jun-2013 19:05:41 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/pdo_sqlite.so' - libsqlite3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Also what virtualbox thread are you referring to?

Thanks again ]

Lee

hi,

have  a strange issue an not sure how to solve it

virtualbox makes a dir under /root called virtualbox vms

he puts in there the vbox files

so when i reboot i lose the vm's

not sure why this happens

the normal vbox dir is /mnt/cache/vbox

the linked virtualbox in root links to that folder

so am a bit at a loss why this happens

hi,

Did you get this sorted?

Every time I reboot I lose my VM's. On one of my unraid servers the VM info in Virtualbox is saved and survives reboot but the other does not. I just don't know why it saves on some and not others.

hi,

Did you get this sorted?

Every time I reboot I lose my VM's. On one of my unraid servers the VM info in Virtualbox is saved and survives reboot but the other does not. I just don't know why it saves on some and not others.

Sounds like you need to change the default location of your Vitualbox VM's.  If you are using phpVirtualBox you can change this location from the "File --> Preferences" and change the "Default Machine Folder" location.  For instance, mine is set to "/mnt/user/Apps/VirtualBox VMs".

@theone,

Can the plugin be update so it's possible to run newer version of VBox?

I just compiled  4.2.14, but the plugin can't install this....

//Peter

The plugin takes from lainie website so once it is compiled and on the site then it will be usable from the plugin.