VirtualBox Plugin for unRAID v5 and v6

theone

• 2 weeks later...

Well... I think I screwed up. I had all my VMs on /mnt/cache/apps/virtualbox. I upgraded to 6.0 beta 3 and started fresh. I installed this plugin and none of my vm's were showing up obviously. So I changed the setting for the symbolic link to /mnt/cache/apps/virtualbox... and now everything that was there is gone. Am I screwed?

The symbolic link is not for that.

You should have imported the vms.

And yes i think you are screwed  :( unless someone knows how to undelete under linux?

Thanks for confirming. It kind of sucks but at least the majority of important stuff isn't gone since it was on my unRaid shares.

I have Virtualbox v4.3.8

However it seems that there is no phpvirtualbox version compatible with this version out yet

i just get this error 'This version of phpVirtualBox (4.2-8) is incompatible with VirtualBox 4.3.8. You probably need to download the latest phpVirtualBox 4.3-x.'

Is there another GUI tool for managing a remote virtualbox i can install? Either on windows or on unraid. I don't fancy using the CLI to install my VM's.

Edit:

Nevermind, found it on the sourceforge site. Just the download button is linked to the last version.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for helping so far but no dice. I checked that and even tried it one of the array drives  /mnt/disk2/backup 

It did the first time after I updated it from the old ver then I tired importing a VM got part way and crashed. I restarted and now

will not start at all.

Thank you for helping so far but no dice. I checked that and even tried it one of the array drives  /mnt/disk2/backup 

It did the first time after I updated it from the old ver then I tired importing a VM got part way and crashed. I restarted and now

will not start at all.

Can you post a list of running processes "ps -aux" and screenshot of the Virtualbox plugin WEBUI.

Two things that got me working

Leave the 127.0.0.0 alone

And change the the vboxwebsrv log back to the default on the thumb drive.

When I did this phpvirtualbox started to work for me

I know a lot of folks use a cache or a different disk but that did not work for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

updated from v5.0 to v5.0.5 and after that upgraded virtualbox to 4.3.8 and the my vm became unaccessible. so i remove it and try to imported it and it told me it could not import vdi files only ova

failed

Import is to import an appliance.  You would just setup a new VM and "use existing disk" for the storage to access an existing .vdi file.
  • 1 month later...

I'm about to try VirtualBox for the first time, and I'm running 5.05 stock.  I decided to play with this plugin because I'm looking to setup my IP cams to record on my unraid server, once I select the application.  It looks like I'll need a windows OS for the good free apps that will record (NVR) from my AXIS IP camera.

From looking at my hw specs below, is it safe for me to test this on my rig - no known issues?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

[sOLVED]

Hi, I have installed the plugin for the first time on unraid 5.0.5 and it is not working. It is complaining about the kernel version. The webui also does not look good. The packages can not be installed. Please see log and screenshot. How can I fix this?

EDIT: the symbolic link location is on a disk that is outside the array (not a cache disk either). It is mounted after the plugin is installed but before rc.virtualbox is ran. Is that a problem?

EDIT 2: Never mind.... I Just had to click the 'Download and install' button under Version Actions. Can't believe I missed that one...

T.i.a.

Harmen

Jun  5 20:28:25 NAS logger: installing plugin: virtualbox
Jun  5 20:28:25 NAS logger:  file /tmp/virtualbox-cleanup: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Jun  5 20:28:25 NAS logger:   /bin/bash /tmp/virtualbox-cleanup ... success
Jun  5 20:28:25 NAS logger:  file /boot/config/plugins/virtualbox/virtualbox.cfg: already exists
Jun  5 20:28:25 NAS logger:  file /tmp/virtualbox-icon: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Jun  5 20:28:27 NAS rc.virtualbox[22064]: Icon downloaded from icon hosting server
Jun  5 20:28:27 NAS rc.virtualbox[22067]: Icon copied to emhttp plugin folder
Jun  5 20:28:27 NAS logger:   /bin/bash /tmp/virtualbox-icon ... success
Jun  5 20:28:27 NAS logger:  file /etc/rc.d/rc.virtualbox: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Jun  5 20:28:27 NAS logger:   successfully changed file mode
Jun  5 20:28:27 NAS logger:  file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/virtualbox/event/disks_mounted: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Jun  5 20:28:27 NAS logger:  file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/virtualbox/event/unmounting_disks: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Jun  5 20:28:27 NAS logger:  file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/virtualbox/virtualbox.page: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Jun  5 20:28:27 NAS logger:  file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/virtualbox/virtualbox.php: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Jun  5 20:28:27 NAS logger:  file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/virtualbox/virtualbox_submit.php: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
Jun  5 20:28:27 NAS logger:  plugin successfully installed

EDIT:

Jun  5 20:28:27 NAS kernel: EXT4-fs (sdh1): mounting with "discard" option, but the device does not support discard
Jun  5 20:28:27 NAS kernel: EXT4-fs (sdh1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: discard

Jun  5 20:29:19 NAS rc.virtualbox[22437]: VirtualBox plugin update during array mount is disabled
Jun  5 20:29:19 NAS rc.virtualbox[22438]: VirtualBox packages update during array mount is disabled
Jun  5 20:29:19 NAS rc.virtualbox[22439]: Installing VirtualBox packages during array mount ...
Jun  5 20:29:19 NAS rc.virtualbox[22465]: VirtualBox package kernel v does not match unRAID kernel v3.9.11p - no plugin installed
Jun  5 20:29:19 NAS rc.virtualbox[22491]: VirtualBox and/or VirtualBox Extension not installed - cannot start vboxwebsrv
Jun  5 20:29:19 NAS rc.virtualbox[22517]: VirtualBox and/or VirtualBox Extension not installed - cannot start Virtual Machines

vbox_2014-06-05_2051_kopie.jpg.db5fdfae63a3de58b5120eb01ba51a55.jpg

I too now have the plugin / package installed.  Now what?  How do we get to the gui to configure VM's . I want to have a Win7 vm. 

In other plugins, you click on RUNNING and that link takes you to the gui for that plugin.  Where is the gui link for this plugin?