VirtualBox Plugin for unRAID v5 and v6

theone

Is there a reason this isn't in docker form? It seems having every addon in docker would make things simple and convenient in one location.

First,  I am not familiar with setting up docker.

Second, I am not sure it can run under docker.

Third, It will mean virtualization over virtualization and would probably hurt the VMs performance and probably limit accessability and performance to bare HW.

Is there a reason this isn't in docker form? It seems having every addon in docker would make things simple and convenient in one location.

First,  I am not familiar with setting up docker.

Second, I am not sure it can run under docker.

Third, It will mean virtualization over virtualization and would probably hurt the VMs performance and probably limit accessability and performance to bare HW.

Thanks for the reply. Was was curious about that and didn't think about the whole virtualization on top of virtualization.

Hi,

Not sure where this message will end up ...

Last couple of days / week tried several times to login with phpvirtualbox.

To no avail, obviously.

So what is wrong?

Everything required is running (virtualbox, vboxwebsrv) and I get to he login page, but not even the default admin / admin works. Recovery.php (to reset the default admin / admin) does not work either.

Setting var $noAuth = true; lets me in (without username / password, as expected).

But I  would prefer to really login.

Any thoughts?

Permissions issue?

I'm using the Apache webserver by dmacias72. As a direct plugin; not using a dockerized webserver.

I'm using the same webserver plugin, and I just turned on authentication and ssl in the webserver instead of using the phpvirtualbox authentication. Makes it much easier as I just have a single ssl login to get to several reverse proxied hosts as well as the phpvirtualbox.
  • 1 month later...

Missing file on github?

Checking existing package /boot/config/plugins/virtualbox/virtualbox-package-2015.06.07.tar.gz...

Latest package does not exist /boot/config/plugins/virtualbox/virtualbox-package-2015.06.07.tar.gz

Saving any previous packages from /boot/config/plugins/virtualbox
mv: cannot stat '/boot/config/plugins/virtualbox/virtualbox-package-*': No such file or directory

Attempting to download plugin package https://github.com/theone11/virtualbox_plugin/raw/master/virtualbox-package-2015.06.07.tar.gz...

Package server down https://github.com/theone11/virtualbox_plugin/raw/master/virtualbox-package-2015.06.07.tar.gz - Plugin cannot install

Reverting back to previously saved packages...

No previous packages to restored

Plugin install failed
plugin: run failed: /bin/bash retval: 1

Maybe I am being a little ridiculous here, but I think the better question is why ANYONE is still using virtualbox.  I am seeing much better performance out of the unraid 6 built in platform and had very little trouble moving my VM over

Some people have not upgraded to 6 and some feel comfortable with virtual box

Maybe I am being a little ridiculous here, but I think the better question is why ANYONE is still using virtualbox.  I am seeing much better performance out of the unraid 6 built in platform and had very little trouble moving my VM over

When you stop the array, does the VM save state and then resume when the array is restarted automatically?
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any chance you have had time to look into this?  I have a rare requirement to run a VBox Image next week for some training and this would have been perfect.

What unRAID version are you running?

I am compiling the latest VirtualBox v4 (4.3.30) right now for unRAID v6.1.2 (kernel v4.1.5) so everyone can at least keep using VirtualBox until I get the VirtualBox v5 compilation correct.

And will update the plugin for 6.1 compatibility.