Is AD working or should I get another NAS software?

I have Unraid working at home without any problem and I am loving it. I did convinced my boss that it was the way to go for our office network but reading the AD forum, it doesn't seem that it is working properly.

I emailed Tom 3 times and he answered the 1st email only.

Should I just give up and move my work rig to FreeNas or a paid service? Or do you guys think that Unraid will work perfectly with AD in the near future?

Thanks.

As active directory support is really a function of the samba software that unraid is using and unraid's main development focus is on making a robust nas device you probably will be better off to separate the two functions. This way you can have an AD server based on the latest version of samba and you can maintain that separately from the unraid server.

That's what I am doing at home, but I have not moved to the new full AD versions of samba yet.

Regards

Stephen

So technically, could I still install unraid and then change the samba server to Samba 4 which is suppose to have great active directory support, then go through all the set up of samba... Doesn't sound like much fun.

Maybe the best solution is to stick to the windows world for my situation. I really wanted to setup an unraid server at the office to show everyone how good it was.

I have been reading about freeNAS, I will try it out and see how good it is for AD.