Sabnzb and Sickbeard Shutting Down.

Mailman74

I keep getting sickbeard and sabnzb shutting down on my server. I have to go in a restart them for them to work again. I do not know what to do and looking for help. When they are running they are fine but few minutes after restarting them they stop

Sounds a lot like they are being killed for lack of free memory.  You would see this in the system log if it is occurring.  Look there for clues.

Type

free -l

after they are running for a few minutes to see what is happening.

I did install plex media server the other day and problems seem to have started after that. I did see in log something about low memory. I am no computer expert and have a few questions. How would I check how much memory is being used? I currently have 3GB of ram going to upgrade to 4gb today hope that will do it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

3GB is definitely not enough for those plugins. They all use a good amount of RAM. I'd recommend 8GB personally. Stopped having issues after I went from 4 to 8.

Thank you for the reply. My mobo can only support 4GB so I guess that I will have to move the plex server to my desktop pc. Dont know if it is worth the upgrade of  the mobo and pcu