Difficulty deleting files on Cache disk due to permissions.

I installed Plex on my unraid unit. it puts two folders on my cache disk (appdata and cache tmp).

I cannot delete these files directly due to permissions. I tried deleting the plex plugin but this still doesn't allow me to delete these folders.

Can anyone help me delete these folders? I'd even wipe off my cache disk completely if that'll do the trick.

I have no experience with a mac but if you can remotely log into unraid via telnet (I guess you need a mac version of putty which is just a telnet client) log in with user name root. Now you have two options, personally I think using Midnight commander will be easier. Type "mc" no quotes, it will open a file browser. Navigate to /mnt/user/cache (I think that's the path), you can use your mouse or arrow keys (at least on windows/putty). Select the folders you want to delete with the insert key or right clicking (which I'm not sure is possible on a mac) then hit the F key for delete which I think is F8. Hopefully that make some sort of sense. Alternatively I think you might be able to run the new permissions script which is under utils tab in the unraid page, it will chmod 777 everything (which is ok) might take a little while though. After that runs you should be able to just delete it with your mac like normal. Hopefully one of those options work for you.

Archived