[SOLVED] how to install plex in unraid & Fix Most of related issues

are you using High-water ?

and what split level are you using  ?

Regards,

Ammar

I am using high-water, but, I split my TV shows and movies over different shares (Due to the fact I need different split levels for each).

My TV shows are organized in such as manner:-

/TV Shows/Show Name/Series Number/Episode Files.ext

While my movies are organized in this manner:-

/Movies/File.ext

So, here's my settings:-

TV Shows:-

xXCweOr.png

Movies:-

HtwCtf7.png

Also, the reason why I have them set to "Secure" (In case you're wondering) is because all data is being written by software on the server, so, why do I need write access? It can only cause accidental damage (E.G. me deleting them by mistake).

Great thanks i understand now

and why do you have minimum free space at 10GB?

what does that mean ?

Regards,

Ammar

I have minimum space set at 10GB since whenever in the past I've had a drive at 0bytes free it starts to become insanely slow and lock up on me. I prefer to waste 10GB/drive than have a really slow drive.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I find downloading the PKG from the Plex website to me more reliable. Simply drop into the Extra's folder and reboot your box.

Watch out for....

1. If you have a cache drive make sure you have setup a new share that is cache only so the mover scripts doesn't kill plex.

2. Change the transcode directory to your cache drive or hdd within the plex app.

Updating plex is annoying but you just get the new PKG from plexapp.com and replace the old one in the Extras folder on your USB>

I was reading this thread for information and I am still confused how to properly set the cache up.

I have a 32gb SSD cache drive installed. When I originally installed the plex library and temp directory on it, the mover script killed it overnight as you said. So do I create a share called "PlexData" and just point it to the cache drive in "Only" mode?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Anyone have any ideas why it appears PMS is running however all of a sudden the webgui always shows "Stopped".  Previously it would show "Started" in green as it should and was clickable to access the PMS interface.  I have stopped and started the array, rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled, upgraded to latest PMS version, downgraded back to the version that previously worked, etc and have had no luck getting the status to show as started.

I assume PMS is actually running as I can access it at htp://unraidIP:32400/manage.

Not sure if there are other issues causing this but it appears coincidentally (or maybe not) that all of a sudden rebooting the server takes much much longer than it ever did before.  And waiting for Unmenu and SimpleFeatures to load up and show the correct WebGUI is considerably slower than ever before.

I also have noticed an orange light next to my "Applications" share (which is cache only and is the location of my PMS library and temp directories) that may or may not have always been there.

Log file below if anyone has the time to review...

http://pastebin.com/cuffEkkH

Thanks for any help or advice you all may have...

I decided to finally install PMS onto my unRAID yesterday.

Everything is successful!

I do have a question though. After my PMS finished scanning everything, it's taking up 5GB of my Cache drive.

Now, since the "Applications" share on the Cache drive is set to Cache Only, it's not protected.

Is there a way to have it protected and not screw up when the mover starts or server rebooted?

How is everyone else dealing with this?

Takes a lot of time to fix the library when it had to rescan everything you know?

Also I noticed something.

I have Plex on my unRAID to read /mnt/user/TV Shows/

I have a cache drive that runs at 2am.

If I put a new episode of a show in there, it does NOT get auto scanned, even if I click refresh.

I have to run the mover, then I have to use a DEEP SCAN REFRESH on the Plex for it to detect the new episode.

Anyone else? Any ideas?