Re: webGUI not accessible - Segmentation Fault

Against better judgement, I restarted emhttp < inaccessible during a parity check> and got the same seg faults, corresponding syslog errors. Scared the crap out of me when I saw the entries.  :o Anyways, a reboot got me back up and running - and I won't command line a

emhttp restart again.

Sorry to pick up an old thread but i'm having the same issues with the exact same error in my log.  The only way to recover is to restart the server.  And then, after awhile the gui crashes.  Has anyone truly resolved this?

Against better judgement, I restarted emhttp < inaccessible during a parity check> and got the same seg faults, corresponding syslog errors. Scared the crap out of me when I saw the entries.  :o Anyways, a reboot got me back up and running - and I won't command line a

emhttp restart again.

Sorry to pick up an old thread but i'm having the same issues with the exact same error in my log.  The only way to recover is to restart the server.  And then, after awhile the gui crashes.  Has anyone truly resolved this?

I made your post its own thread.

Attach a syslog for analysis, it is the only way to get much help.  You did not even bother to tell us the version of unRAID you are running.     

Verify your memory tests fine. (run a memory test for several cycles, preferably overnight) Expect 0 errors.

Joe L.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe L.,

first thanks for spiltting this off.  However I'm having a nooby kinda issue and I hope you can gently help.  My system is running headless so I can't select the boot option to run memtest.  when I telnet in and move to the /boot directory and try to run memtest I get a message saying "cannot execute binary file".

At that point I'm stuck so i got back to the gui and restart the array. 

I've found lots of posts telling folks to run memtest and quite a few referencing the option in the boot process but nothing telling us how to run it from an active server.

Thanks in advance.

I've found lots of posts telling folks to run memtest and quite a few referencing the option in the boot process but nothing telling us how to run it from an active server.

Because you can't. You have to "boot into" the memtest program from the boot menu. It is not a linux program you can just run on an active machine. You will need to plug in a keyboard and monitor to do further troubleshooting.

Because you can't. You have to "boot into" the memtest program from the boot menu. It is not a linux program you can just run on an active machine. You will need to plug in a keyboard and monitor to do further troubleshooting.

To test all memory it has to read/write all memory, including any memory the OS and any programs might be using, therefore crashing the OS.

In fact it has to even read/write any memory it occupies so I think it must have to move itself so it can free up the memory it was using and test it too.

Thanks, I'll have to move things around to get a monitor attached.