Turned on after two years and now it get get thru boot up.

not sure where to start or what to search! Havent touched server in well over a year, maybe two. now that my house is done, Ive got the racks moved and all set up. Fired up the unRaid server and its stuck  on scanning channels in the bios start up. its found two the four 2tb drives and its still stuck there. I have NO Idea what to do first, lol.

Any ideas? Yall are good at being hero's!

Oh, couple clues. When I first turned it on a couple hours ago, I didn't have the thumbdrive in it! After finding it, I just powered down the server with the switch, put the thumb in and that's where I am now, stuck.

When I booted earlier with no thumb, it DID find all four drives and took me to "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI!". hard shut down manually from there. Hopefully that helps in determining how bad I have mucked things up!

Check your BIOS and make sure that you are set up to boot from a USB drive first.  It sounds like you are trying to boot from the hard drives.  (I understand some BIOS's will change the boot order when they don't find what they were expecting to find.) 

From your description, it sounds like your server has not been on for two years.  Another possibility is that the motherboard battery is now completely discharged and the CMOS has lost its BIOS settings. 

"...  stuck  on scanning channels in the bios start up " ==>  This is well before it actually starts the boot process; so it's very likely that your CMOS configuration data has been lost, as Frank noted above.    First thing I'd do is buy a new CR2302 battery and replace the BIOS battery.

Then I'd go into the BIOS and set the first boot device to your USB flash drive.

... and UnRAID should then boot just fine  :)

Sweet. Baby steps, lol. Quick search and I just enter ROOT with no password. Im reading there is no a web gui. time to learn that! (saw a link to a tutorial, yay!) Man and I  rusty on this after being away a year or two. Crazy I know. Miss it!

edit. DUH! that gui! got it. Been there, lol.