An Improved unRAID web-interface, extensible, and easy to install

Suddenly getting an error when trying to access myMain.

Same thing happens whether I use 1.1 or 1.2.  It worked yesterday when I added some info into the usage notes for the drives. Now nothing when I try to go to myMain and I find this in the syslog.

Vault unmenu[1253]: gawk: ./07-unmenu-mymain.awk:232: fatal: function `GetDiskSpinState' not defined

You probably introduced a syntax error when editing the usage-notes.  look for an errant apostrophe.   

Joe L.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weird thing is, it worked fine after my edits yesterday.

I removed the myMain_local.conf just for kicks. Still nothing and the same error in the syslog.

When I try to go to the myMain page, all I get in the web browser is:

e

</BODY></HTML>

That simply indicates the myMain plug-in returned no content. (in other words, it has a syntax error and is crashing, returning no HTML)

The "e" is the "hexidecimal count" of the set of characters to follow on the next line, the "0" is how the browser is told that there is no text to follow (zero characters follow)

What is missing is the entire "<html><body>....content .." that should be before the "</body></html>"  If the plug-in had worked, it would have supplied the content.

To try to find the error you can invoke the plug-in on its own at the Linux command line.

cd /boot/unmenu

gawk -W re-interval -f drivedb.lib.awk -f unmenu.base.lib.awk -f utility.lib.awk -f ./07-unmenu-mymain.awk STARTED GET /myMain?sort=num&view=default

It might give you the line where syntax is not valid.  Notice it "includes" the lines in drivedb.lib.awk, unmenu.base.lib.awk , and utility.lib.awk in its count in addition to the lines in 07-unmenu-mymain.awk

If it works, it will return back some HTML.

Unless you are good at debugging, it is probably easier to just get new copies of the 4 files and put them into place.  If you edit the files, make sure you use an editor that does not add MS-Dos style carriage returns at the ends of lines. 

Joe L.

It says the following:

"Installed, but version is different.

Current version='2.2.10' expected '5.2.8'"

Everytime I try to reinstall I get this error. What am I doing wrong?

You have to tell me...

what do you get when you type:

php -v

what version of unMENU are you running?  What  version of the package-manager plug-in?

Joe L.

It says the following:

You have to tell me...

php -v

what version of unMENU are you running?  What  version of the package-manager plug-in?

Joe L.

I get "php: error while loading shared libraries: libxm12.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". I have no idea how to check what package manager I am using.

It says the following:

You have to tell me...

php -v

Joe L.

I get "php: error while loading shared libraries: libxm12.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". I have no idea how to check what package manager I am using.

It appears to me as if you did not install the libxml2 pckage listed as a dependency for the php package.  It is one the other "packages: you probably have a .conf file, but have not installed.  You must have missed the line on the PHP package stating:

Dependencies: libxml2.so.2.6.32

You did un-cover a bug with the package-manager... the string it was showing you was from a previous package it had checked.  So thanks for un-covering it for me.  You can see the versions of all of the unMENU modules by going to the "About" page.

You can fix the errant display of the previous value by adding a line (shown in blue below) to the package version test function in file 990-unmenu-wget.awk

function PackageVersionTest( theTest ) {

verString=""

OLD_RS=RS

RS="\n"

theTest | getline verString

close(theTest);

RS=OLD_RS

return verString;

}

Download and install the library needed by PHP and you should be up and running.

Joe L.

• 2 weeks later...

I am using unmenu with the latest beta 4.5b8 and 3 times it happened now that it stopped working with th efollowing error:

Nov 12 09:39:41 Tower emhttp: shcmd (242): /etc/rc.d/rc.nfsd restart | logger

Nov 12 09:50:46 Tower unmenu[1441]: gawk: ./08-unmenu-array_mgmt.awk:115: warning: escape sequence `\'' treated as plain `''

Nov 12 10:09:20 Tower unmenu[1441]: awk: ./unmenu.awk:579: fatal: print to "/inet/tcp/8080/0/0" failed (Connection reset by peer)

I do not now how to restart it after this, but the page at port 8080 cannot be loaded anymore after this error.

Is there a way to restart unmenu ?

Telnet acces and the main unraid web interface keeps working fine

Mine failed too.... also now on beta8:

Nov 10 07:01:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: ls: cannot access smartlog/*.txt: No such file or directory

Nov 10 07:01:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=3QJ070LM

Nov 10 07:01:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ0MCP7

Nov 10 07:01:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ03VLE

Nov 10 07:01:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ04L5J

Nov 10 07:01:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ04PGH

Nov 10 07:01:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ03X4D

Nov 10 07:01:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=5QJ0ZYMT

Nov 10 07:01:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=5QJ11QHD

Nov 10 07:01:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=6QJ01LS0

Nov 10 07:01:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ1BJB2

Nov 10 07:01:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=5QJ0ZZ80

Nov 10 07:02:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: ls: cannot access smartlog/*.txt: No such file or directory

Nov 10 07:02:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=3QJ070LM

Nov 10 07:02:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ0MCP7

Nov 10 07:02:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ03VLE

Nov 10 07:02:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ04L5J

Nov 10 07:02:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ04PGH

Nov 10 07:02:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ03X4D

Nov 10 07:02:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=5QJ0ZYMT

Nov 10 07:02:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=5QJ11QHD

Nov 10 07:02:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=6QJ01LS0

Nov 10 07:02:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ1BJB2

Nov 10 07:02:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=5QJ0ZZ80

Nov 10 07:02:52 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ0N0NX

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: ls: cannot access smartlog/*.txt: No such file or directory

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=3QJ070LM

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ0MCP7

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ03VLE

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ04L5J

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ04PGH

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ03X4D

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=5QJ0ZYMT

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=5QJ11QHD

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=6QJ01LS0

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ1BJB2

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ02KGV

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=5QJ0ZZ80

Nov 10 07:05:03 SERVER unmenu[4798]: DSN=9QJ0N0NX

Nov 10 07:37:54 SERVER unmenu[4798]: awk: ./unmenu.awk:579: fatal: print to "/inet/tcp/8080/0/0" failed (Connection reset by peer)

4.5-beta10 pkgtools now supports .txz extensions.

Does that mean we can use .txz files in the package manager page by editing the download links in the .conf files? Are there any other changes that would need to be made?

Thanks,

Gary

As you suggested you need to edit the PACKAGE_URL line.  There is also a line in the config to specify the filename once it is downloaded.  You would need to hake sure the new filename is reflected there (PACKAGE_FILE) as well as any references to the file in the PACKAGE_INSTALLATION lines.

Cheers,

Matt

I was on a well deserved vacation when beta8 was released... I'll load it on my server tomorrow and see if I can duplicate what you're seeing.

In the interim...

This line in the log is harmless:

This line indicates the port is already in use, and will appear if you attempt to re-start unMENU without terminating the prior running instance.

For most, you can terminate it by typing

killall awk

It will terminate all "awk" processes, not just unMENU...  Typically, it is the only "awk" process unless you loaded something else yourself.

Joe:

I appear to be the one guy that has parentheses in his file names causing the dupe checker script to fail.  Unfortunately the ls isn't quoting parens in the filenames causing messages like this in the log:

Nov 22 21:06:55 NAS2 unmenu[1298]: sh: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `('

Nov 22 21:06:55 NAS2 unmenu[1298]: sh: line 1: `ls -lad /mnt/*/*Tivo/FlashForward/FlashForward - White to Play (Recorded Fri Oct 2 2009 07 00PM Kxxx).mpeg*'

Sorry to catch this with you.  My sed skills don't seem to be up to dealing with the magic in that script unfortunately otherwise I'd give you a cheap fix.

Rob

Joe L., is it possible for you to detect whether a user is on Windows or Mac? I ran into the problem that on Mac, you'll have to add the suffix ".local" if you want to connect to local network shares by name. Linking to the IP address works fine too.

Currently, all links at the top of the page redirect to "http://prometheus/

" while it should read "http://prometheus.local/

" instead.

Other than that, it's working great on my unRAID box.

Joe L., is it possible for you to detect whether a user is on Windows or Mac? I ran into the problem that on Mac, you'll have to add the suffix ".local" if you want to connect to local network shares by name. Linking to the IP address works fine too.

Currently, all links at the top of the page redirect to "http://prometheus/

Other than that, it's working great on my unRAID box.

" while it should read "http://prometheus.local/

" instead.

Take a look here on how to solve the problem when you are on a Mac.

Thanks, but that's not my problem. I can access unMENU by typing in "http://prometheus.local:8080". But when I click one of the menu items on top I will be directed to "http://prometheus/

". Somehow, I doesn't pickup the current address and add's the suffix for the linked page, but instead replaces it with the name of the server. On Windows, this works nicely. On Mac, you'll have to add .local to the name (if you have Avahi installed) or replace the name with the IP address.

If I access "http://[local.ip]:8080" I can also access unMENU, but it'll still link to "http://prometheus/

".

Thanks, but that's not my problem. I can access unMENU by typing in "http://prometheus.local:8080". But when I click one of the menu items on top I will be directed to "http://prometheus/

If I access "http://[local.ip]:8080" I can also access unMENU, but it'll still link to "http://prometheus/

". Somehow, I doesn't pickup the current address and add's the suffix for the linked page, but instead replaces it with the name of the server. On Windows, this works nicely. On Mac, you'll have to add .local to the name (if you have Avahi installed) or replace the name with the IP address.

".

make a local copy of the unmenu.conf file

name it unmenu_local.conf

Once you've made a copy of the file you can use the "Config View/Edit" plug-in in unMENU to edit the new file you created.

In it, change the third line in this set of three near the top of it from

# Unmenu will discover for itself your host name, but if you wish to set it yourself, or

# your host name is not set, then set the value of MyHost here.

#MyHost = MyTower

to

# Unmenu will discover for itself your host name, but if you wish to set it yourself, or

MyHost = prometheus.local

unRAIDHost = prometheus.local

Note that I removed the "#" from the start of the third line, changed the name from MyTower, and added an extra line for unRAIDHost.

The extra added line is for one plug-in screen, the unRAID-Main.  It has its own define in the .conf file

You'll need to restart unMENU for the change to take effect.

make a local copy of the unmenu.conf file

name it unmenu_local.conf

Once you've made a copy of the file you can use the "Config View/Edit" plug-in in unMENU to edit the new file you created.

In it, change the third line in this set of three near the top of it from

#MyHost = MyTower

to

MyHost = prometheus.local

unRAIDHost = prometheus.local

Note that I removed the "#" from the start of the third line, changed the name from MyTower, and added an extra line for unRAIDHost.

The extra added line is for one plug-in screen, the unRAID-Main.  It has its own define in the .conf file

You'll need to restart unMENU for the change to take effect.

Thanks, will try this when back at home. You clearly thought of everything ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Forgive me if I have missed the solution to this.

I have install unmenu on 4.4.2 and 4.5 beta 11.  I get the same result on each.  The top three boxes Array Status, Array Disk Status and UNRAID drive show.  However, anything below that is just an IE or Firefox page cannot be displayed error.  None of the links work either.  Am I missing a setting I was supposed to change?

Forgive me if I have missed the solution to this.

I have install unmenu on 4.4.2 and 4.5 beta 11.  I get the same result on each.  The top three boxes Array Status, Array Disk Status and UNRAID drive show.  However, anything below that is just an IE or Firefox page cannot be displayed error.  None of the links work either.  Am I missing a setting I was supposed to change?

What OS are you running?  PC? or MAC OS?

Where did you get the unMENU files from?

How did you install them?

What happens when you click on a link that does not work?   

Joe L.

• Squid locked this topic