unRAID Server Release 5.0-rc12 Available

unRAID OS Version:

- The new server uses unRAID OS v5.0.

- unRAID v5.0-rc13 will be available for download later this week, and the final 5.0 will be available the week of June 3.

Don't know why it has been so difficult to get this information previously but we finally have some solid status updates.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since rc13 and final are promised soon, I'm curious what that might mean for a plugin manager.  Will that system be part of either release, and if not, will if follow closely behind?  I think many devs have been waiting for a stable/fixed system to base their work on.  Specifically a system of managing dependencies to prevent one devs work from overwriting that of another.

I'm sure the list of good intentions for unRAID is long, but I do hope that the long awaited plugin manager is at/near the top, since much other great work can be moved forward from this one solution becoming a reality.

• 2 weeks later...

Still using RC12...I might upgrade to RC15, but I don't see the need since everything is working fine at the moment.  I don't want the wife to be calling me at work mad cause the server doesn't work.  :o

The new kernel does have some nice improvements ... but on the other hand it's not going to be much longer until v5.0 is released, so you may just want to wait for that.    Based on the current issues thread, it doesn't look like there are any remaining "show-stoppers" that need to be fixed for "final" ... although there are a few minor things Tom plans to resolve.  Difficult to predict for sure, but I don't think we'll see an RC16 ... although maybe a 15a  :)    I hesitate to venture a guess for when 5.0 will actually be released, but personally I think it's VERY likely that it will still be June when it's out  8)

Still using RC12...I might upgrade to RC15, but I don't see the need since everything is working fine at the moment.  I don't want the wife to be calling me at work mad cause the server doesn't work.  :o

Then you should be using 4.7 and not a beta / RC

:)

Seriously though as a rule of thumb we dont epect old beta threads to get any traffic. If a new TC doent do what you need post there otherwise consider these threads closed :)