[SOLVED] abysmal write speed while reads are okay (network independent)

I have a big problem regarding my write speeds. Even disk to disk in shell without network usage it is below 2 MB/s.  :o Read spead over network is 120 MB/s. Read spead without network is around 180 MB/s. Parity check speed is around 160 MB/s. I have attached a zip with info regarding my system, syslog, hdparm info, speed and smart tests. I hope someone with more knowledge has an idea whats wrong.

I was on RC11 with a lot of plugins installed, but for the tests I removed the plugins and upgraded to RC12a. It did not help however. :(

SlrG

unraid_hdd_problem.zip

With 4G-RAM option the write speeds are way better. 120 MB/s from disk to cache drive and 60 MB/s from cache to parity protected disk. So that solves my speed problem.

But I would really like to keep the RAM in the machine and make it work without the 4G-RAM option if possible. I want to run some virtual machines on my unraid and those need the memory. I tried to google around, but I have not yet found further info where the problem is and how it could be resolved.

SlrG

Archived