UnRAID on but nobody's home - Disks not mounting

Julez

So last night everything was running fine no issues at all.  I run UnRAID as a VM in ESXi, has worked flawlessly for about a week or two now.  This morning I went to fire up sabnzbd and the webpage would not load.  Unraid's page was loading just fine, I checked sabnzbd and it showed it as stopped.  I figured, I might as well restart the system, as I've seen it work in the past after doing so.  So I stopped the array, then did a restart from within the web page.

Watched the console session, everything seemed to come back up.

Tried to get to the unraid page, no dice, got the old page cannot be displayed message.

Tried to ping the hostname, no dice.

Tried to ping the IP address, this worked.

Tried to browse to \\hostname, no dice again.

Opened the console session and tried to list everything under /mnt nothing shows up.

I can putty into the system as well.

I have a feeling if the disks mount everything else might start working, although not being able to ping the hostname is concerning.

All drive SMART tests come back with no errors logged.

syslog.txt

One of your plugins is stopping the startup, remove them all and restart, then add them one-by-one.

For a quick shortcut first remove the PLG for simplefeatures webserver and reboot. I had a very similar situation and that was caused by the simplefeatures web server plugin... No guarantee its same with you though..

So that worked, I ended up just removing all of the simplefeatures plugins and then reinstalled them...  Although now I'm afraid of rebooting the machine, so if anyone knows of any workaround for the time being, that would be great.

Yeah I guess it's kinda weird though, I have rebooted it before and it came back just fine.  So something had to have caused the issue.  This last reboot wasn't any abrupt process either, I took the array offline and restarted from the WebGUI.

Archived