unMENU 1.6 - now available (A major upgrade in appearance)

The new version of unMENU now has the ability to use .css skins.  Its appearance has been updated thanks to the work of some very talented unMENU users, and one specifically ( mvzdwaan ) who took on the task of adding the ability to read style sheets. 

Major change

1. New .css skinning capability and two new skins in addition to the "Classic" skin.  (need to thank mvzdwaan for his .css skills)

2. Three new buttons on user-scripts page to change between skins.

Minor changes in a few commands

1. On System-Info screen, "Memory Info" presents output of "free -l" instead of "free"

2. On System-Info screen, "Open Files" presents output of "lsof" instead of "lsof /dev/md*"

3. On Network and Disk performance screens, formatting fixed to deal with higher performance data rates.

4. On syslog view, newer definition file to prevent "sas: ata[0-9].*dev error handler" from being marked as an error.

5. On syslog view, newer definition added to prevent media file name in syslog with "*terror" in name from being flagged as an error.

6. PERL package has option added to NOT load MP3 library every time it starts from CPAN

If you already have unMENU installed, you may use the "check for updates" button on the 'User-Scripts' page  to download the new version.

You will have to Re-Start unMENU for the updates to take effect, so you'll want to also press the 'restart unMENU' button.

If you do not have unMENU installed, follow the instructions on the google.code page here:

http://code.google.com/p/unraid-unmenu/

A huge thanks to mvzdwaan for his skills in adding the capability to "skin" unMENU and vastly upgrade its appearance.    In fact, there are three new user-script buttons to allow you to switch between unMENU classic, and new horizontal and vertical menu skinned formats. 

The currently used "skin" is in /boot/unmenu/images/stock/unmenu.css  You may edit that file as you desire if you have css skills.

The new skin is effective on all the screens EXCEPT the file-browser.  It has not been upgraded as of this post.  It works differently than the others so it will take a bit more effort.  It will simply have the classic appearance for now.

Have fun...  To me, it looks really great for an "awk" script....  ;D

Joe L.

This is the new unMENU 1.6 main screen with the "horizontal' skin:

rckpaw.jpg

Joe L.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice one - I'll be checking this out for sure.  Great to see a new version of unmenu!

It is 99% the same functionality, but with a more modern "skin" 

I do like the new bar-chart coloring behind the %Used column on the main page.  It is really slick.

In any case, have fun.  Looks like unMENU might just keep up with the Joneses.

Joe L.

Using the check for updates, then install updates and then restart unmenu is not working to upgrade me from 1.5 to 1.6. At the bottom of the page where it lists the available updates it looks like it can't tell what revision of the unmenu.awk is. See the attached picture.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk_21366082666.481628.jpg.d34e00c3b20325a8d6a2b9bce0e40f51.jpg

I'm having the same issue.  Updated from v1.5 to v1.6 and it looks no different.  The additional buttons for classic, vertical and horizontal are there under user scripts, but they don't do anything.  If I click check for updates again I also get this:

Available files on current release list:
myMain_local.conf :Revision: 182  Date: 2010-12-04 08:15:52 -0500 (Sat, 04 Dec 2010)
unmenu.awk :Revision Date

Screenshots look great though and can't wait to get it running!  Thanks for the hard work Joe!

Do a shift+Refresh in your web browser.  The browser is caching the page and trying to help you by not loading "everything" on the page again.

I did that before I posted, even cleared the cache.  That is not the issue.

Also tried a different browser that has never been used to access unMENU, still no dice.

Using the check for updates, then install updates and then restart unmenu is not working to upgrade me from 1.5 to 1.6. At the bottom of the page where it lists the available updates it looks like it can't tell what revision of the unmenu.awk is. See the attached picture.

Try now. 

Working for me now. Looks great. Thanks.

Great... thanks for being patient and understanding...

It sure has changed the way it looks, hasn't it.

Joe L.

Absolutely.  I've used unMENU since day 1 on my server (about 6 months) and love it.  It certaily looks a lot more modern now.

One thing I noticed, when I used to click open files under system info, it would only list files that were currently streaming or being otherwise read/written by a client.  It seems now that it lists every open file on the box, mainly system files, pages of them.  Did something change or was my previous version not functioning how it was supposed to?

One thing I noticed, when I used to click open files under system info, it would only list files that were currently streaming or being otherwise read/written by a client.  It seems now that it lists every open file on the box, mainly system files, pages of them.  Did something change or was my previous version not functioning how it was supposed to?

I changed it to make it more useful when people are trying to figure out why their server will not stop.  It will now list all open files.

I changed it to make it more useful when people are trying to figure out why their server will not stop.  It will now list all open files.

Ok, at least I'm not crazy.  :D 

I used to use it as a quick way to see what was being streamed via Plex, I'll just have to find another way. Thanks for all the hard work!

I used to use it as a quick way to see what was being streamed via Plex, I'll just have to find another way. Thanks for all the hard work!

Download this file, un-zip it and put it (150-unmenu-lsof.cgi) in your unmenu directory.

It will add a tab on the main menu that works like the original command and it will be even more accessible.

It is basically a 4 line shell script (since it also looks in /mnt/cache, otherwise it would be 2 lines)

The "comments" at the top define the "tab label" and "url"

Have fun.  (unMENU was designed to be easily extended.)

Joe L.

150-unmenu-lsof.zip

unMENU1.6open_md.JPG.6ca10a312cff31aad06b94b2de279162.JPG

joe, did the syslog confg file get updated with 1.6?

Oops... just uploaded the newer syslog_match.conf file.  Missed it last night when I was moving the newer files to google.code

Just press the check-for-updates button once more.  No need to re-start unMENU, it will be used immediately upon installation.

Joe L.