unMENU 1.6 - now available (A major upgrade in appearance)

Joe, I notice that you are still using the -d ata switch on smartctl commands.  This prevents some newer interfaces (eg mpt2sas), which object to being told to respond as an old-style ata interface, from processing the smartctl command.

I have to believe that the use of the -d ata switch is an anachronism. designed to overcome some shortcoming in the driver for an old pata interface driver.  How many systems are still using that defective driver, compared to the number of systems using newer controllers which fail to respond with the switch?

Apart from this issue, the new version is looking very good - congratulations to you, mvzdwaan and everyone else involved.

Thanks, looking good !  Wish I could help in this, am totally not able to work on style stuff.. If someone knows howto an overhowl of the smart stats would be really nice..  Simplefeatures also lacks the possibility to have quick one page overview of all drives and their critical stats.. (I would say based on a daily done smartcheck at night). Possibly only the most important indicators...

Nice work, I like the colour scheme...  ;D  something something form of flattery something....

You should be proud... it is a form of flattery

Mind, never made any money off simpleFeatures!!

That's OK, I've never made any money from unMENU or any of my other unRAID related scripts... you are in good company.
If you want some help with refining the CSS feel free to give me a bell.

I'm smart enough to know I don't know it all.  I'm sure it needs refinement.  You probably have your hands full with your own step-child, but if you want to make suggestions, or submit an unmenu.css, feel free.

Joe L.

I'll upgrade to 1.6 when I get home, as a new user i thought the "links" in the unMENU were kinda meh looking, good timing on a visual upgrade!

Question though, is there a general unMENU help thread that someone can link? I don't want to polute this thread if I don't need to.

**My issue is that i'm running unraid 5, and i started installing addons/pkgs from unMENU and then realized there was all these new .pkg installs for v5 i should be using.

So I just want to be clear as to HOW i remove those (and if i even need to).

Thanks!

Looks good.

Does pulling a SMART report from a disk on M1015 controller still not work? Or is this a setting that can be changed?

Haven't tried this update yet but it is probably the same as it always has been for that - based on PeterB's post anyway. 

Here is what you need to do to get a smart report.

**My issue is that i'm running unraid 5, and i started installing addons/pkgs from unMENU and then realized there was all these new .pkg installs for v5 i should be using.

So I just want to be clear as to HOW i remove those (and if i even need to).

Thanks!

Go into the unMENU Package-Manager,

select the package you do not wish re-installed on reboot,

click on the button to disable "re-install on reboot", then.....

Go to the unRAID management page, stop the array. (wait for it to stop)

Click on the checkbox to enable the "reboot" button, then...

reboot.

Joe, i see that some of the css was based from SF.. i went and see that the menu hover/active indicator is a bit wonky with unmenu.. so let me tweak that real quick to mimic what SF does / fix border-radius.

update: tweaked the menu so it looks more like SF's, also fixed the border radius for legacy browsers as well. made the horz menu elements centered text while leaving vertical menu elements left justified.. anyways a few other small tweaks but should be good now

attached image to show some of the changes.

* joe, you should remove the inline html on the myMain page (as those hacks are no longer needed). also should change the '% used' column header to align center not right. im out for a bit but i can submit more changes if you like..

* removed outdated menu attachments.

unmenu4.png.667cbd74c04911e88275f46880cb8a9f.png

Nice work, I like the colour scheme...  ;D  something something form of flattery something....

You should be proud... it is a form of flattery

Mind, never made any money off simpleFeatures!!

That's OK, I've never made any money from unMENU or any of my other unRAID related scripts... you are in good company.
If you want some help with refining the CSS feel free to give me a bell.

I'm smart enough to know I don't know it all.  I'm sure it needs refinement.  You probably have your hands full with your own step-child, but if you want to make suggestions, or submit an unmenu.css, feel free.

Joe L.

I find it interesting! Tom still hasn't given the developers something documented or feature rich. Considering unMenus package management is far superior, I find it no surprise that you're not adopting the V5 plugin architecture yet.

I've tried complaining, next step is just to give up  :-\

I have a feature request, and I don't have enough knowledge in this area to contribute expertise, so I'm asking here.

In the newly expanded open files list in system info, I would like a way to sort the list by something besides command. Ideally, I would like to sort by the name column, but if it's doable, it would be nice to sort by other columns as well. In my dream world, entries in the list would update in close to real time, with any entries holding the array open highlighted in some fashion. If that's possible, then perhaps seeing the age of an item would be doable as well. When you first open the page, all items would be new, and colored the same. After a period of time, 1 minute or so, all those items would change color. New items would show up in the original color, and change after the specified period of time. That way, you could have an active graphic drawing your attention to newly opened files.

Jonathan