unMENU 1.6 - now available (A major upgrade in appearance)

file_browser  still shows old menu, not sure if this has been reported yet.

Guess you did not read the first post in this thread.
The new skin is effective on all the screens EXCEPT the file-browser.  It has not been upgraded as of this post.  It works differently than the others so it will take a bit more effort.  It will simply have the classic appearance for now.
It is not likely to be re-written by me, as I do not currently have the bandwidth.

file_browser  still shows old menu, not sure if this has been reported yet.

Guess you did not read the first post in this thread.
The new skin is effective on all the screens EXCEPT the file-browser.  It has not been upgraded as of this post.  It works differently than the others so it will take a bit more effort.  It will simply have the classic appearance for now.
It is not likely to be re-written by me, as I do not currently have the bandwidth.

Gotcha.  And no, I didn't read the 1st post completely, only glanced it..

Try editing unmenu.conf and add MyHost = [your server IP]

Read the comments in unmenu.awk for another method.

Don't modify unmenu.conf.

Edit unmenu_local.conf and add these lines:

MyHost = [your server IP]

unRAIDHost = [your server IP]

I finally got around to trying to implement this but could not locate the unmenu_local.conf file; where is it?

Should be in /boot/unmenu.

My mobo had a bad PCI slot so it was offline while SuperMicro took over a month to get it repaired.

Anyways, there was no unmenu_local.conf located in the /boot/unmenu directory; just the unmenu.conf.

Do I need to make a full copy of unmenu.conf and modify that, or can I just "add" new addendum configuration parameters via a unmenu_local.conf file that automatically supplements the unmenu.conf file?

I finally got around to trying to implement this but could not locate the unmenu_local.conf file; where is it?

Should be in /boot/unmenu.

My mobo had a bad PCI slot so it was offline while SuperMicro took over a month to get it repaired.

Anyways, there was no unmenu_local.conf located in the /boot/unmenu directory; just the unmenu.conf.

Do I need to make a full copy of unmenu.conf and modify that, or can I just "add" new addendum configuration parameters via a unmenu_local.conf file that automatically supplements the unmenu.conf file?

Just create the unmenu_local.conf and add the parameters.  Make sure to use a program that uses UNIX line endings.  Some have recommended a program called "Notepad+".

Just create the unmenu_local.conf and add the parameters.  Make sure to use a program that uses UNIX line endings.  Some have recommended a program called "Notepad+".

Yep, that did the trick...

But now myMain page of unMenu don't have its images load with an error about setting "ImageHost".

I am assuming the 07-unmenu-mymain.awk uses its own internal declaration or assignment for the servers name?  if so, i think its a bug but in the meantime, how or where do i correct/set this without mucking it up?

I use unMenu as my primary interface to unRAID. I was wondering if it might be possible to change to number of lines displayed in the "System Log" section of the main page. The default is the last 6; myMain offers the last 15.

Is there a configuration file or page where that value can be modified for user preference?

Thanks!

Yep, that did the trick...

But now myMain page of unMenu don't have its images load with an error about setting "ImageHost".

I am assuming the 07-unmenu-mymain.awk uses its own internal declaration or assignment for the servers name?  if so, i think its a bug but in the meantime, how or where do i correct/set this without mucking it up?

You should have a file called myMain_local.conf in /boot/unmenu.  Add this line to it:

SetConstant(ImageHost, "[your server IP]")

If the file is not there, create it with UNIX line endings.

I use unMenu as my primary interface to unRAID. I was wondering if it might be possible to change to number of lines displayed in the "System Log" section of the main page. The default is the last 6; myMain offers the last 15.

Is there a configuration file or page where that value can be modified for user preference?

Thanks!

In directory /boot/unmenu, modify the file unmenu_local.conf to add this line:

main_page_user_content = height=560 frameborder=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling="no" src="http://%MyHost%:%MyPort%/sys_log_tail?nl=15"

Restart unmenu using User Scripts in unmenu, Restart Unmenu button.

[in directory /boot/unmenu, modify the file unmenu_local.conf to add this line:

main_page_user_content = height=560 frameborder=0 marginwidth=0 scrolling="no" src="http://%MyHost%:%MyPort%/sys_log_tail?nl=15"

Restart unmenu using User Scripts in unmenu, Restart Unmenu button.

Thanks cassiusdrow! It works like a champ. I upped it to display the last 20 lines. Excellent!!

Syslog is flagging some of my mover logs as drive related, possibly to do with the folder/file names.

How the syslog looks

Sep  1 03:51:47 Tower logger: ./backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/GlobalCatalog

Sep  1 03:51:47 Tower logger: >f+++++++++ backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/GlobalCatalog

Sep  1 03:51:48 Tower logger: ./backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/BackupGlobalCatalog

Sep  1 03:51:48 Tower logger: >f+++++++++ backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/BackupGlobalCatalog

Sep  1 03:51:48 Tower logger: ./backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog

How it looks through uuMenu

Sep  1 03:51:47 Tower logger: ./backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/GlobalCatalog (Drive related)

Sep  1 03:51:47 Tower logger: >f+++++++++ backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/GlobalCatalog (Drive related)

Sep  1 03:51:48 Tower logger: ./backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/BackupGlobalCatalog (Drive related)

Sep  1 03:51:48 Tower logger: >f+++++++++ backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/BackupGlobalCatalog (Drive related)

Sep  1 03:51:48 Tower logger: ./backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog (Drive related)

Obviously just cosmetic.

Syslog is flagging some of my mover logs as drive related, possibly to do with the folder/file names.

How the syslog looks

Sep  1 03:51:47 Tower logger: ./backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/GlobalCatalog

Sep  1 03:51:47 Tower logger: >f+++++++++ backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/GlobalCatalog

Sep  1 03:51:48 Tower logger: ./backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/BackupGlobalCatalog

Sep  1 03:51:48 Tower logger: >f+++++++++ backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/BackupGlobalCatalog

Sep  1 03:51:48 Tower logger: ./backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog

How it looks through uuMenu

Sep  1 03:51:47 Tower logger: ./backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/GlobalCatalog (Drive related)

Sep  1 03:51:47 Tower logger: >f+++++++++ backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/GlobalCatalog (Drive related)

Sep  1 03:51:48 Tower logger: ./backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/BackupGlobalCatalog (Drive related)

Sep  1 03:51:48 Tower logger: >f+++++++++ backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog/BackupGlobalCatalog (Drive related)

Sep  1 03:51:48 Tower logger: ./backup/WindowsImageBackup/PC/Catalog (Drive related)

Obviously just cosmetic.

unmenu uses simple pattern matching rules in syslog_match.conf

You can add your own rule, or ignore the output.  As you said, nothing I can do based on names files/directories of log entries based on your file names that happen to match an existing pattern.    At least you are not dealing with the movie "Planet Terror"  It is flagged as an error since it contains the string "error" in its name.  ;D

Please report back.  I'm still not able to get UnRAID Main working via UnMenu on my iPhone or iPad.  I was able to get UnRAID Main to work though so it's a workaround that allows me to shutdown my server remotely (i.e. within my wireless network).

Ok, so it looks like Auggie got his working.  However, when I follow the same steps and try to use my iPad or iPhone to access http://'toweripaddress':8080'>http://'toweripaddress':8080 in Safari then I get the unmenu main page (with no pictures as Auggie posted) but when I click any of the links to the other pages the URL address changes to http://'toweripaddress'%0A:8080/'unmenu page' where 'unmenu page' is the destination url (like 'array management, unraid main etc.).  If I manually change the http address to remove the %0A then everything works fine except the UnRaid Main page doesn't display correctly (but my main and the other pages work fine).  I also see the following error in my syslog:

Tower unmenu[1673]: tail: option used in invalid context -- 0

Please report back.  I'm still not able to get UnRAID Main working via UnMenu on my iPhone or iPad.  I was able to get UnRAID Main to work though so it's a workaround that allows me to shutdown my server remotely (i.e. within my wireless network).

Ok, so it looks like Auggie got his working.  However, when I follow the same steps and try to use my iPad or iPhone to access http://'toweripaddress':8080'>http://'toweripaddress':8080 in Safari then I get the unmenu main page (with no pictures as Auggie posted) but when I click any of the links to the other pages the URL address changes to http://'toweripaddress'%0A:8080/'unmenu page' where 'unmenu page' is the destination url (like 'array management, unraid main etc.).  If I manually change the http address to remove the %0A then everything works fine except the UnRaid Main page doesn't display correctly (but my main and the other pages work fine).  I also see the following error in my syslog:

Tower unmenu[1673]: tail: option used in invalid context -- 0

You probably used an editor that added carriage returns. 

your best bet is to add an entry in your "hosts" file on the ipad/iphone, or fix the file you edited.

Thanks for the quick response Joe.  A cursory search of editing an iPad's or iPhone's hosts file implies my devices need to be jailbroken (which mine currently are not).  Once I complete a big transfer to my server, I will try to edit the conf files again and remove any additional carriage returns.

On a side note, I noticed the vertical "skin" of 1.6 does not fit entirely within a tablet (iPad) landscape orientation but does not offer the ability to scroll.  Not that I access unMENU via my iPad often, but it is something to be mindful of and whether there is sufficient impetus to resolve for such users.

Anyways, thanks for the quick resolution!

this is a known ipad 'issue' with most sites. the 'fix' is just that apple makes you have to use the two finger scrolling gesture

I've now confirmed this is absolutely not an iOS-specific issue, as the lack of scrolling abilities when the vertical buttons are not fully viewable is present in both Mac and Windows web browsers, whenever the browser window is not large enough to display the entire frame.  I believe it has something to do with the frames used to display the sections of the interface; but I'm not web designer so I'm just making an educated guess.  For the vertical orientation of the "tabs", no vertical scroll bar is ever displayed when the browser window height is too short; for the detail frame contents, no horizontal scroll bar is presented if the browser window is not wide enough.

Can I suggest changing the location of the unMenu package configuration & manual/auto install files to a different location then /boot/packages ?

Something like /boot/unmenu/pkgs would be better, so the /boot/packages will be the central repository for package files only...

That will allow a cleaner directory listing, which in turn makes it easier to notice package version conflicts, like a few different versions of OpenSSL packages downloaded...

Thanks

Can I suggest changing the location of the unMenu package configuration & manual/auto install files to a different location then /boot/packages ?

Something like /boot/unmenu/pkgs would be better, so the /boot/packages will be the central repository for package files only...

That will allow a cleaner directory listing, which in turn makes it easier to notice package version conflicts, like a few different versions of OpenSSL packages downloaded...

Thanks

Sorry, I was there first and set the standard.  /boot/packages never existed until unMENU created it.  It is not a part of unRAID, even if subsequently adopted and used by others.  I am using it the way I designed it. 

I specifically put everything in one place to make it easier to manage. (and easier to delete if you no longer wanted to use unMENU.)

If you wish your version of unMENU configured differently, it is entirely editable and you may do as you wish.

Just add a line

#AUTO_UPDATE=NO

to any file you modify and it will not be replaced when you press the check-for-updates button.

Joe - what do I need to change so UnMenu's package installers and auto-update will work okay if I use a static IP on UnRAID?    I assume it's a simple config line, but I didn't find it with a quick search of the forum.

nothing...  My servers are both static IP and work just fine.

Interesting.  I'll have to try that on mine.  I had set up a new v5.0 UnRAID for a friend, and for whatever reason his network was very slow at responding to the Web GUI, so I changed it to a static IP and it now works "instantly".    But when I went to UnMenu and told it to download the APC package, it didn't work.    I changed back to DHCP, and all worked fine ... then I switched him back to a static IP.    I had assumed there must be a config setting in UnMenu to "tell" it the static IP, but perhaps it was just an anomaly on that setup.

Joe - what do I need to change so UnMenu's package installers and auto-update will work okay if I use a static IP on UnRAID?    I assume it's a simple config line, but I didn't find it with a quick search of the forum.

nothing...  My servers are both static IP and work just fine.

Interesting.  I'll have to try that on mine.  I had set up a new v5.0 UnRAID for a friend, and for whatever reason his network was very slow at responding to the Web GUI, so I changed it to a static IP and it now works "instantly".    But when I went to UnMenu and told it to download the APC package, it didn't work.    I changed back to DHCP, and all worked fine ... then I switched him back to a static IP.    I had assumed there must be a config setting in UnMenu to "tell" it the static IP, but perhaps it was just an anomaly on that setup.

just a WAG.

Did you change to Static IP after unmenu started? 

Did you go to User Scripts and click the Restart unMenu button after changing to static ip?

Not sure if unMenu "caches" the IP at startup or not.

like I said, just a WAG, I'm probably totally off base

• 1 month later...

Fix output of the unraid status emails in Outlook:

Go to 'File > Options', then on the left side select 'Mail', scroll down to 'Message format'

Uncheck 'Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages'

Attached images below so you can see the difference. Main thing is the Status at the top.

unraid-outlook1.png.67a1c29d223ac75ce12e8ffcb40c162a.png

unraid-outlook2.png.e6b177d005c5d189eddff2c92e57a822.png