[SOLVED] Disabling RAID from AOC-SASLP-MV8 firmware .21

Hey,

It's been a while so my memory is a little hazy. I'm not aware of a need to reflash to .21 if already on it.

may be worth posting on the main forum (if you haven't already) and/or including your syslog if there are any specific messages being shown about the HDD. Also what make/model/size HDDs etc

Wombat

I have a hazy recollection that for a while the cards may have been supplied with incorrectly flashed firmware, though I admit I may be mistaken and the problem cards may well have been something else entirely. The solution was for the user to re-flash them with the same version. This may jog someone else's memory.

I have a hazy recollection that for a while the cards may have been supplied with incorrectly flashed firmware, though I admit I may be mistaken and the problem cards may well have been something else entirely. The solution was for the user to re-flash them with the same version. This may jog someone else's memory.

I think your thinking about the sas2lp where the pci is changed and unraid wouldn't recognize them but reflashing changed the pci is to something that unraid did recognize.  Fixed in unraid 5.whatever

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Fuggin said:

I am getting ready to do this...so I am nervous...however, I can't seem to get into the Marvell BIOS with ctrl-M....when it pops up, I hit it, but goes right into the boot sequence...

You may need to remove any other cards from the machine. For example I have an Intel network card in my machine, plus 2 SASLP cards and found that I had to remove the network card and one of the SASLP cards in order to boot into the bios. 

Alternatively if you have another PC e.g. a windows desktop you can temporarily put the SASLP into that and do the flash update since you use a separate boot OS.

hth

TheWombat

Well...I am an idiot...so sorry for wasting your time.

I have 3 AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 cards which are different than the SASLP obviously...I don't think the Raid disable steps for the SASLP would work for the SAS2LP (or would it?)

They all have the same bios and I managed to install one at a time on my other desktop to disable the INT13 setting.

Now...like other people on here...I can only get 2 to boot up at a time...when I go to add the 3rd card... (I have to remove the video card)....it hangs up but since I don't have a video card, I don't know where.

I currently have a Fatal1ty 970 Performance motherboard. Would going with a ASUS TUF Sabertooth 990FX R3.0 AM3+ ATX Motherboard (4 PCI-E slots..so I can still have the video card) work?

Sigh...

Edited by Fuggin
  • JorgeB unpinned this topic