Can't Get any Bolt-ons to work

Hi Guys,

I did originally post a topic asking for assistance with my UnRaid setup in August of 2012 but I didn't manage to resolve the issue and I am only now finding the time to revisit it. 

(For reference the original URL can be found at: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=21855.0)

Essentially my UnRaid server works in its basic form just fine, but (almost all of) the UnMenu enhancements fail to install.

The feature I most want is the mail server so I can send myself daily status updates.

I have been running parity checks manually every couple of weeks in an attempt to ensure the system is fully operational but I would really like to get it up and running properly.

My latest idea is to copy the installation files from the USB drive (as a backup) and then reload UnRaid from scratch (hopefully not screwing it up this time)    :-[

My Plan is to take a photo of the drive assignments screen to ensure I assign them in the same slots next time.

Is this a viable solution, can anyone see any major pitfalls with this plan?

(I was also planning to install 4.7 again as that is what I am currently using - I assume this is still the best solution as 5 in still in beta stage)

Thanks in advance for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

Assuming the issue is the same as before, can you run this:-

curl http://slackware.oregonstate.edu/slackware-12.2/slackware/d/gcc-4.2.4-i486-1.tgz | md5sum

And tell me what it says? Maybe also:-

curl http://slackware.oregonstate.edu/slackware-12.2/slackware/d/gcc-4.2.4-i486-1.tgz | wc -c

Only reason I ask is I know some hotspot software (aswell as malware, antiviruses, proxies (big one for javascript & browser caching), and all the rest) inject items into downloads (Normally just HTML, JS and CSS, although, if poorly made (or maybe really well made) could technically fall into zip files)

Only reason I ask is because to really looks like the files are corrupted (or modified) rather than 'not working'.

EDIT:- Another example is if you live in a country that either has an issue with the slackware distribution, or, is just against free speech/white-lists URLs (not too sure I can name a country that does this, although, I live in the UK).

An example I can give you however is that the UK hates ThePirateBay (Who would have guessed? I'll stick to usenet for my downloading, however) and my ISP likes to drop 100% of connections to that site (Sky). Although yours probably doesn't drop the page, it may be more like Virgin Media (Which give a nice "You may not access this page" error)

EDIT2:- The lovely message you see when accessing ThePirateBay via Virgin Media:-

0OQMdwz.jpg

Basically, I would assume, their DNS servers reply with a fake IP that is in fact their servers, then, that's just the page that listens on all HOST: headers. Just a guess however, I'm not on Virgin Media. I know sky issues you the correct DNS settings, however, just refuse access to said IP (All pings drop, TCP:80, etc...)