-SOLVED- 5.0-rc12a upgrade questions

Hi i've been using unraid 4.7 pro for a year or so no problems and just had a couple questions now that i just upgrade to  5.0-rc12a. i followed the procedure with permissions and whatnot and can access files no problem. Just a few bugs to work on was hoping can help me with.

1)unmenu worked fine before, now everytime i goto //tower:8080 i click on a hyperlink and takes me right back to default //tower page. Also everytime i try to update it tells me i don't have nameserver and gateway. don't know if this ever was a problem before, never tried to update. (also im try to update from command line using the -u option). maybe i just need to reinstall completely? how i do that?

2)also created a user called test after permission temporarily (or i'd hoped). i created a new one i want to use for good now, but the test one won't delete. after i click delete and done it still stays.

3)is there a way to get the web gui password back? everytime i entered //tower it needed a pw. now it just goes right into web interface. i need it secured.

added syslog as well

thanks in advance

syslog.txt

Hi i've been using unraid 4.7 pro for a year or so no problems and just had a couple questions now that i just upgrade to  5.0-rc12a. i followed the procedure with permissions and whatnot and can access files no problem. Just a few bugs to work on was hoping can help me with.

1)unmenu worked fine before, now everytime i goto //tower:8080 i click on a hyperlink and takes me right back to default //tower page. Also everytime i try to update it tells me i don't have nameserver and gateway. don't know if this ever was a problem before, never tried to update. (also im try to update from command line using the -u option). maybe i just need to reinstall completely? how i do that?

No, you need to assign a nameserver.  On the 5.0 unRAID interface, click on

Settings->Network Settings

Then fill in the Gateway and DNS server 1 fields if they are blank.  (usually you can put the IP address of your router in both)

2)also created a user called test after permission temporarily (or i'd hoped). i created a new one i want to use for good now, but the test one won't delete. after i click delete and done it still stays.

blank it out then press save perhaps?

3)is there a way to get the web gui password back? everytime i entered //tower it needed a pw. now it just goes right into web interface. i need it secured.

Click on users, then click on "root" then fill in the password as needed.

1)hmmm.. ya that doesn't work. i even tried putting gateway, wins server, and ip. right? (pic included)

2)just tried to blank and doesn't work either. darn

3)putting in a password here like you said worked. weird because it still remembered what my password was.

thanks again

network.jpg.48d0d028ec22ed9d29ea2e4ffbafdfe2.jpg

1)ok so i guess its not just unmenu. i can't access the outside world from my unraid server no matter what now. i even put it back to dhcp and still nothing. it gets an ip, but thats it. ideas?

2)deleting users works now as well. just went into user and hit delete button one more time and it finally deleted.

3)this is working

so really just accessing the outside world is my only concern at this point.

It seems wrong to me to have the third DNS server set to the IP address of the server itself.

Please type:

cat -vE /boot/config/network.cfg

and post the output.  It will look something like this (with some differences based on your own configuration):

# Generated settings:^M$

USE_DHCP=no^M$

IPADDR=192.168.2.110^M$

NETMASK=255.255.255.0^M$

GATEWAY=192.168.2.1^M$

HWADDR=$

DNS_SERVER1=192.168.2.1^M$

DNS_SERVER2=^M$

DNS_SERVER3=^M$

tried again and finally got it to work. only with dhcp though and the dns servers automatically pulling themselves. once i put back to static it doesn't work again. could it be my go script <attached>?

You don't need those last two lines in the "go" script.  In fact, they conflict with the static IP address you were trying to use.
  • 8 months later...