(Solved) Could we have a "plugins" section in the server building area?

Is there any reason why we want to make Unraid plugins harder to find and deploy? I just bought a battery backup and now I need the APCUPSD install (like I knew I was looking for "APCUPSD") -  Even if they were just links to wherever the plugins are (actually) stored and perhaps have a rating system (nothing fancy - a thumbs up/down counter). Maybe even a short blurb to describe what the plugins do? (I mean, without involving a long manual text search through the WIKI, the forum and so forth.)

YES, I KNOW THERE IS A "PLUGIN DESIGN" area...but to a noob, "Plugin design" doesn't suggest this is a good place to get new plugins. Just sayin'... Plugin Design looks like a place to discuss building new plugins. ;) - It seems kind of a "roundabout" way to organize the plugins. Also, having to go to the WIKI for the descriptions and then come here for the plugin...it seems confusing.

Is there a reason why we don't have an area like this? Maybe this is a horrible idea for a reason that escapes me?

Thanks for the response so quickly garycase.  Isn't there an "unmenu 2" also now? Would you install the old one or the new one? I lost everything due to a faulty flashdrive a few weeks back which is one of the motivators to install a UPS. Still getting it back together.

Thanks in advance.

Update: Found the unMenu stuff in the WIKI and had to reinstall Putty (forgot I replaced the laptop since, also!  ::)) and all that jazz. Just installed unMenu, APCPUSD (the old one) and then set both to reinstall. I remember installing this the first time, before there was Simple Features, which is also very very awesome.

I'll test it another day. It's there. I want to wall mount everything anyway to tidy it up, anyway, so I am sure there will be an opportunity to test failover and systems restoration upon power return.

Thanks to everybody - unraid is simply great stuff and it is due largely to the efforts of the whole group - even community-supplied plugins are well designed and easy to use. This project just improves with age and its' reliability is very very good.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

There's not an "UnMenu 2", but there is a different alternative GUI called "Simple Features"

First, you should update to the latest v5 Release Candidate (RC12a) ... then if you want to try it you can install it (I don't use it -- I'm okay with the "stock" GUI and UnMenu).