BitTorrent Sync (BTSync) Plugin

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

i just had just one problem with BTSync (not the plugin itself) and that was that BTSync kept my Cache Drive always spinning because it seems to regulary access the config file i stored on the cache drive. That meant that my server didnt go to S3 like it was supposed to. I moved the config file now to the flash drive that solved my problem.

Just in case somebody has the same issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, tried installing btsync plugin with no luck.  I downloaded from the github, manually ran installplg command and got a bunch of stuff spit back at me. 

This is just the first few lines (the entire printout is almost 2M):

---------------------------------------------------------------------

installing plugin: btsync_overbyrn

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): btsync_overbyrn.plg:28: parser error : Specification mandate value for attribute data-pjax-transient in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Warning: simplexml_load_file():    <meta name="selected-link" value="repo_source" data-pjax-transient /> in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Warning: simplexml_load_file():                                                                        ^ in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): btsync_overbyrn.plg:50: parser error : Specification mandate value for attribute data-pjax-transient in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Warning: simplexml_load_file():        <link data-pjax-transient rel='permalink' href='/overbyrn/UnRAID/blob/ec in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Warning: simplexml_load_file():                                  ^ in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Hey there, tried installing btsync plugin with no luck.  I downloaded from the github, manually ran installplg command and got a bunch of stuff spit back at me. 

This is just the first few lines (the entire printout is almost 2M):

---------------------------------------------------------------------

installing plugin: btsync_overbyrn

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): btsync_overbyrn.plg:28: parser error : Specification mandate value for attribute data-pjax-transient in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Warning: simplexml_load_file():    <meta name="selected-link" value="repo_source" data-pjax-transient /> in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Warning: simplexml_load_file():                                                                        ^ in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): btsync_overbyrn.plg:50: parser error : Specification mandate value for attribute data-pjax-transient in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Warning: simplexml_load_file():        <link data-pjax-transient rel='permalink' href='/overbyrn/UnRAID/blob/ec in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

Warning: simplexml_load_file():                                  ^ in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

that's because you downloaded a html file. The easiest way Would be to just replace the contents of the plg file you just downloaded with the real code, which is accessible on github.

This happens sometime, when you right click and save-as the link,  the contents of the file isn't what you actually want.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Does the Cache disk stop spinning down with btsync installed ?

best regards

Christoph

It won't, as long as btsync is running. But iinm you could tweak the frequency it checks for new files through a few arguments in the config file.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi there,

i just had just one problem with BTSync (not the plugin itself) and that was that BTSync kept my Cache Drive always spinning because it seems to regulary access the config file i stored on the cache drive. That meant that my server didnt go to S3 like it was supposed to. I moved the config file now to the flash drive that solved my problem.

Had the same problem. It was the BTSync config file. Moved that to the flash drive and now my cache drive spins down normally.

Hi there,

Had the same problem. It was the BTSync config file. Moved that to the flash drive and now my cache drive spins down normally.

If BTSync is regularly accessing its config file wouldn't that shorten the life of your flash drive?

With regard to S3 and cache drive, cant you tell the S3 script to ignore the cache anyway, you can in SF and the new Dynamix webGui.

Wouldn't this be a better solution then having constant writes to the flash?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to run the dameon as a user other than "nobody"?  I have a BTSync install in the cloud and I am trying to sync it down to my unraid box.  The files come down no problem, however, when they are added to the unraid box they are owned by "nobody" so when I mount the share on my mac as a specified user, I cannot edit the file.  Any help would be great.

Is there a way to run the dameon as a user other than "nobody"?  I have a BTSync install in the cloud and I am trying to sync it down to my unraid box.  The files come down no problem, however, when they are added to the unraid box they are owned by "nobody" so when I mount the share on my mac as a specified user, I cannot edit the file.  Any help would be great.

When you mount the share from the Mac, is the user that you specify a user that is also defined on unRAID?  Sorry, not a mac person, so don't know how this works.  I ask as I was wondering if it was possible to play around with who has access to what.  For instance, if a file on unRAID is created by the user nobody, then that file would also have a set of permissions at group level. 

eg.

-rw-rw-rw-  1 nobody users        0 2014-03-09 18:37 file

Maybe if you mounted the share in such a way that the user as is a member of the unRAID group "users", then by default he'd inherit those rights.

At the moment, there is no facility within the plugin to change the user the daemon runs as.  A dirty hack to would be quick search and replace in the plugin for 'nobody' and switching it to the user you're mounting the share as.