XBMC Standalone Library Updater for UnRAID

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

No, it's not. I think I will just move on with v6, which I don't really have time for either.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

For v6, the xbmc docker container works very well.  Unless you need a plugin over a docker for some reason I reckon we're set.

In saying that, thanks for your work on this plugin thought the v5 years, it made a big difference to how I set up my xbmc setup at home.

No, it's not. I think I will just move on with v6, which I don't really have time for either.

Interesting, because I installed it last night and it seems to work with CP and SB just fine.

Both push updates to the SQL db.

What in your opinion is wrong with it?

Also agreed that the v6 docker container will be nice however I'm not moving to v6 until final version.

Interesting, because I installed it last night and it seems to work with CP and SB just fine.

Both push updates to the SQL db.

What in your opinion is wrong with it?

Also agreed that the v6 docker container will be nice however I'm not moving to v6 until final version.

Honestly I don't recall what was wrong with it. But if it works for you that's great.

For v6, the xbmc docker container works very well.  Unless you need a plugin over a docker for some reason I reckon we're set.

In saying that, thanks for your work on this plugin thought the v5 years, it made a big difference to how I set up my xbmc setup at home.

Thanks I appreciate the support. I wish I could devote more time to it but I just can't anymore. Hopefully someone can pick it up for v6. It looks like it won't need as much care since docker simplifies things a lot.

• 5 months later...

this thread hasn't been updated in a while but i'm having an issue with mysql and salud. it may be more a mysql issue. hdd in server died, instead of replacing it (it was a new drive, nothing on it.. mysql is on disk1). multiple xbmc clients in my house were pulling up an empty library. file mode still works without issue. kinda beside the point. i haven't rebooted in a while and i decided to take this time to clean up some packages i wasn't using... anyway...

after it booted, xbmc clients weren't seeing mysql sb.. i checked unraid, mysql wasn't installed (old plg, the dl source was 404'd) so i installed it and rebooted. after some tinkering had xbmc salud rebuild my library. in salud logs i can see it scanning everything OK, inserting data into mysql, etc. everything appears to be OK there. but when i open xbmc on other clients, library is blank. any ideas?

EDIT: also i know the mysql is populated. i dled heidisql and connected to my db and there is definitely data in there.

it sounds like the xbmc clients aren't connecting. when you rebuilt the database did you change any settings to the database and not update them in xbmc?

thanks for the reply bobbintb. in the end i think it was a permissions issue (maybe reinstalling mysql in such a manner cleared some of my grants). i jumped the gun and just deleted everything and started over. i'm back up and running again.

also, in my research i saw some info for the pathsubstitions we used to have set. apparently we don't need to do this anymore?

it sounds like the xbmc clients aren't connecting. when you rebuilt the database did you change any settings to the database and not update them in xbmc?

thanks for the reply bobbintb. in the end i think it was a permissions issue (maybe reinstalling mysql in such a manner cleared some of my grants). i jumped the gun and just deleted everything and started over. i'm back up and running again.

also, in my research i saw some info for the pathsubstitions we used to have set. apparently we don't need to do this anymore?

If i recall it depends on your setup. It's been a while since I've looked at it though.

• 3 months later...

Looks like all the packages from dumptruck.goldenfrog are removed. Tried to grab them myself but no luck :(

The way forward at this point in time would be to upgrade to V6 of UnRAID and get docker going with sparklyball's headless kodi for Helix or his Koma container.

Looks like all the packages from dumptruck.goldenfrog are removed. Tried to grab them myself but no luck :(

The way forward at this point in time would be to upgrade to V6 of UnRAID and get docker going with sparklyball's headless kodi for Helix or his Koma container.

How hard is it to get docker going with sparklyball's headless kodi for Helix?

How hard is it to get docker going with sparklyball's headless kodi for Helix?

I found it pretty straightforward.

You need mariadb or mysql container as well, there's plenty of help around if you struggle with anything.