[Solved] APCUPSD installed but not showing up in Settings

I can't for the life of me figure this out.

First, I tried installing manually (put pkg file in \boot\config\plugins and reboot) and it did not show up in Settings or anywhere else in the gui. So, I deleted it and tried again in \boot\plugins and still no luck. Next, I tried installing it via unmenu which does indicate that it is installed. However, it still does not show up in the gui.

I know the UPS is compatible because I used it with a prior unraid setup before without issue. However, since that time I changed my mobo and lost the

UPS - APC BackUPS XS 1500 LCD

Mobo - SUPERMICRO MBD-X8SIL-F-O

The UPS is attached via the USB RJ45 data cable.

(I changed motherboards since I last used the UPS (previously used a Biostar) and also bought a new data cable since I had lost the original.)

If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful. Short of any revelations I suspect the data cable might be bad but it is also possible that the USB port(s) are not working for some reason. Is there a way to test either of these theories since I run it headless? Or, is there something else I am clearly doing wrong? Thanks in advance

We need to be certain how you are trying to install.

I presume that you are running a 'recent' V5 beta or rc unRAID, since you refer to plugins folders.

What have you downloaded, and from where?  Don't confuse the package system (implemented as part of unmenu) and the plugin system (implemented as part of unRAID v5).

To use a plugin, you need a .plg file (not .pkg), and place it in one of the plugin directories.

Next, I tried installing it via unmenu which does indicate that it is installed. However, it still does not show up in the gui.

As Joe noted, there's no modification to the GUI caused by installing the APC package ... so you won't see it in the GUI.    But if UnMenu says it's installed, it's probably installed and active.

If you click on System Info and then UPS Status in UnMenu, do you get a status display?    If so, all's well.    If not, you may be correct about not having the correct cable for the UPS unit.

Ah-ha! I did not realize that there would not be a change in the gui when installed through unmenu. thanks for pointing that out. And, yes, all is good. It does show up under sysinfo exactly as you described. I sort of figured I was missing something obvious...

Not sure why i could not get it to install properly without unmenu but it does not matter at this point.

thank you all

No. pkg was a typo. Prior to using unmenu to install apcupsd through package manager I tried manually installing the plg file from the plugins page. I downloaded it, removed the .txt extension, placed into /boot/config/plugins and rebooted. When that failed I removed it from /boot/config/plugins and tried adding it to /boot/plugins without success.

I'm probably did something wrong but don't know what...

I'm probably did something wrong but don't know what...

You can check for messages in your syslog.  Oherwise, install from the command line, using the installplg command - this will display progress information and error messages.