Seagate 4TB Internal $150 F/S Limit 5

Anyone know why the 4TB drive in this line only runs at 5900 instead of 7200? Everywhere i look I find the same Average Seek Time <8.5ms Average Write Time <9.5ms for the 3TB and 4TB... The data rates drop for the 4tb, (even with additional heads). The 3TB 7200 has a Average Latency 4.16ms...anyone know how bad the latency is for this 4TB drive?

UPDATE:...Latency shows to be 5.1MS

Anyone know why the 4TB drive in this line only runs at 5900 instead of 7200?

Heat.    Drives run cooler at lower rpm ... which tend to make them more reliable.

The 3TB 7200 has a Average Latency 4.16ms...anyone know how bad the latency is for this 4TB drive?

UPDATE:...Latency shows to be 5.1MS

Average latency is simple math ==> it's 1/2 the time it takes for the drive to rotate.  So, for example, a 7200 rpm drive is doing 120 revolutions per second, so it takes 1/120th of a second to rotate.  1/2 of that is 1/240th of a second = 4.16 ms

Very nice response! I would imagine that 4tb is hitting a thermal corruption ceiling somewhere. Is the tendency of 4tb drives to spin slower carry on through enterprise drives as well, or just consumer?

I wouldn't necessarily agree that 4TB drives have a "tendency ... to spin slower".    Many spin at the more standard 7200rpm.    Most enterprise drives spin at 7200rpm.