[ABANDONED] UnRAID rc12a/SimpleFeatures/Sabnzbd/Sickbeard = confusion

[glow=red,2,300]Last update:  After following the wiki entry by WhiteAtom, my configuration was close-enough to correct that I was able to muddle my way through it- to the point of being able to ask a more specific question than 'nothing works.'  Thanks to WhiteAtom and all those who responded.[/glow]

Running current unraid Pro + simplefeatures and have installed sabnzbd/sickbeard using their plugins.  Everything is "running" but my confusion begins when I try to configure things so that my cache disk is utilized as my data disk for sab/sick.  I've seen mention of this configuration, but Sickbeard's setup implies that UNC paths aren't allowed...

My GOAL is to have unraid/sabnzbd/sickbeard running concurrently on my new server (thanks TAM)...but I'm really banging my head with the ethereal state of the cache drive and the 'relative' folder structures in sab/sick.  Not gonna lie- I need a "...for Dummies" approach to this situation.  Nothing about my current configuration is set in stone, so if I have to pull the plug and start from scratch, no-problem.  I'd previously used this setup guide http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120406 as the basis for my other server, but it isn't too useful [to me] for this sort of bundled setup, where the data drive doesn't really 'exist' as a drive letter/folder.

I would really appreciate any pointers anyone can offer on resolving this. 

Example for Sab use

install dir:  /usr/local/sabnzbd

data dir:  /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd (is location I use)

port:  8081 (default)

user:  nobody

using above will install sab upon bootup into the ram dir but put your database data in /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd so it survives reboot etc

if you do not use a "." for the front of the foldername (mover ignores all .files) you will need to make a cache only share for your database directory

hope that helps - sickbeard will be setup the same way with different port (i use 8082) etc.

Myk

Thanks for the advice-

My current effort was using a share (called "cache") that is cache-only.  That didn't seem to be a straightforward solution, however, because even after creating it, IT never shows up as a selectable option in sickbeard setup.  When selecting browse  during post processing setup, all I ever see under /mnt  is disk1, user1, user0.....

Using your approach, what do I supply as the post processing folder, /mnt/cache/.sabnzbd  ?

My current effort was using a share (called "cache") that is cache-only.  That didn't seem to be a straightforward solution, however, because even after creating it, IT never shows up as a selectable option in sickbeard setup.  When selecting browse  during post processing setup, all I ever see under /mnt  is disk1, user1, user0.....

Honestly, I don't know what would happen if you set up a share called cache, I assume it would show up under /mnt/user/cache, but I've never tried. If you have a properly set up cache drive in unraid, it definitely shows up under /mnt, so something isn't correct with your install. All your shares should show up under /mnt/user, and /mnt/user0 should show all content on protected array drives only, excluding any files currently on the cache drive waiting to be moved to the protected array. Under the /mnt, you should see cache, disk1, disk2, disk3, ...(etc) , user, and user0.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there really is little to set up; add the drive to the system, boot the system, go to the bottom of the list to the "cache" line and pick the drive from the dropdown listing of unassigned drives, and bring the array online.  I didn't expect the share to show up under /mnt....but I did expect the drive to show up.....

When I copy something to my "movies" share, it does divert to the cache drive....soooo....seems to be doing what a cache drive does!