unRAID Server Release 5.0-rc13 Available

Again, barring any show-stopper type problems, this release will become 5.0 "final" in a matter of days.  All that 's left to do is finish the documentation.

Hi,

Do you consider the problems reported so far in this thread to be "show stoppers" ? Does the above still stand true in that RC13 will be renamed to final in "a matter of days"?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Again, barring any show-stopper type problems, this release will become 5.0 "final" in a matter of days.  All that 's left to do is finish the documentation.

Hi,

Do you consider the problems reported so far in this thread to be "show stoppers" ? Does the above still stand true in that RC13 will be renamed to final in "a matter of days"?

ha, no...  This will not become final

Hi,

ha, no...  This will not become final

Agreed!  NFS is too fubar'd (for me anyway).

John

HeyTom, question about the cache pool feature. Will you be able to assign a single disk to the cache pool? The reason I ask is I have an SSD lying around I was thinking of using as a cache drive, however, it does not have good internal garbage collection. Btrfs supports TRIM so if a one disk cache "pool" is supported I could just make a script to perform TRIM once a day or so. Either that or you could enable Btrfs to perform TRIM automatically if it detects SSDs.

HeyTom, question about the cache pool feature. Will you be able to assign a single disk to the cache pool? The reason I ask is I have an SSD lying around I was thinking of using as a cache drive, however, it does not have good internal garbage collection. Btrfs supports TRIM so if a one disk cache "pool" is supported I could just make a script to perform TRIM once a day or so. Either that or you could enable Btrfs to perform TRIM automatically if it detects SSDs.

Yes.

If you can somehow elaborate on this I would appreciate. For example, can you provide the mkvmerge command being executed that shows all input & output filepaths?

Okay - I'm actually using mkvmerge-gui, but I'll see whether the command line can be announced.

If you can somehow elaborate on this I would appreciate. For example, can you provide the mkvmerge command being executed that shows all input & output filepaths?

Okay - I'm actually using mkvmerge-gui, but I'll see whether the command line can be announced.

Here is an example of one of my typical mkvmerge command lines:

"mkvmerge" -o "/net/tower/mnt/user/Movies/Angels & Demons 2009 1080p dts.mkv"  "--language" "0:eng" "--default-track" "0:yes" "--forced-track" "0:no" "--display-dimensions" "0:1920x800" "--language" "2:eng" "--track-name" "2:DTS 1510" "--default-track" "2:yes" "--forced-track" "2:no" "-a" "2" "-d" "0" "-S" "-T" "--no-global-tags" "--no-chapters" "(" "/net/tower/mnt/user/Torrents/Angels amp Demons (2009) 1080p MKV AC3DTS NLSubs DMT/Angels.&.Demons.(2009).1080p.MKV.AC3+DTS.NLSubs.DMT/Angels.&.Demons.(2009).1080p.MKV.AC3+DTS.NLSubs.DMT/Angels.&.Demons.(2009).1080p.MKV.AC3+DTS.NLSubs.DMT.mkv" ")" "--language" "0:eng" "--forced-track" "0:no" "-s" "0" "-D" "-A" "-T" "--no-global-tags" "--no-chapters" "(" "/home/peter/Desktop/Angels & Demons Extended Cut.srt" ")" "--track-order" "0:0,0:2,1:0" "--title" "Enjoy The Movie NLUPPER002"

I went back to rc12a for now since I got hit with the stopped array issue again. Although I did switch my primary unRAID from 4.7 to rc12a. I'm in the process of running the new permissions utility. So far no issues. And all the drives came up in the proper position. I just had to double check t make sure everything was correct.

I'll try rc13 on my main unRAID setup later this weekend.

sorry, I'm sure the answer is here some where, but when you say you got hit with the stopped array issue, what exactly do you mean?  Do you know the cause, like specific to a mb or other hardware?  I did read that some had issues when they stopped the array, and it wouldn't start again.  I guess they reboot to fix.  OR, are you saying that your server will just stop the array on it's own, and won't come back up?

This sounds serious, yet only a few people have this issue - why?  I want to know what to look for.

ok, I for sure do not have that issue.  I can stop and then reboot, powerdown, or restart without problems. I'm running SF, which will stop responding sometimes, but I can use unmenu or putty to reboot.

wow that is scary, glad I don't have that issue (knock on wood)

sorry, I'm sure the answer is here some where, but when you say you got hit with the stopped array issue, what exactly do you mean?  Do you know the cause, like specific to a mb or other hardware?  I did read that some had issues when they stopped the array, and it wouldn't start again.  I guess they reboot to fix.  OR, are you saying that your server will just stop the array on it's own, and won't come back up?

This sounds serious, yet only a few people have this issue - why?  I want to know what to look for.

I meant the shutdown issue. I have been initiating shut down with the power button since when I tried it from the web GUI it froze. But this morning after shutting down, when I brought it back up the array was stopped and it should not have been. So I reverted back to rc12a for now. No idea what causes it, but I'll check out rc13 back on my primary unRAID to see if that ends up showing the same issue.

Hi Tom,

Back with RC-12 this issue cropped up. The mover does not seem to be deleting items on the cache drive after moving them.

I have sent a few emails to the official support email address and started a forum topic here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=27450.0

I know you are swamped, but I hope you could let me know if there is a fix in the works for this issue. This issue persists in RC-13 so it seems appropriate to bring up.

SysLog attached. Error codes at the end.

Thank you so much for the hard work,

Justin

syslog-2013-06-06.txt

Hi Tom,

Back with RC-12 this issue cropped up. The mover does not seem to be deleting items on the cache drive after moving them.

I have sent a few emails to the official support email address and started a forum topic here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=27450.0

I know you are swamped, but I hope you could let me know if there is a fix in the works for this issue. This issue persists in RC-13 so it seems appropriate to bring up.

SysLog attached. Error codes at the end.

Thank you so much for the hard work,

Justin

Right, made an entry for this in the "Issue List":

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=27789.0

This is my first time trying out one of the 5.0-rcs. Upgrade from 4.7 went smoothly, no apparent issues at this time. Though I believe I experienced the same crash/hang when trying to stop the array that others have experienced.

What hardware are you running?

We need details and syslogs people!!!

I had just upgraded and didn't have any extras configured to captured the syslog in case of a crash. Will try to reproduce it this week, for now I must sleep, and parity check is running right now anyway.

As for hardware, I'm still running the MD-1500/LL I bought from Limetech six(!!!) years ago. I have upgraded the RAM to 2GB since that time but otherwise haven't done much with it except add drives. About time to replace some fans though. Getting pretty loud.

We need details and syslogs people!!!

Here is one that is 100% repeatable

I have a rc12a server that runs a script that wakes a rc13 server up via ipmi and runs some rsync scripts taking 1-3 hours.  If I comment out the rsync scripts, it runs successfully and completes and shuts down the rc13 server 100% of the time.  If the rsync scripts are processed, I get rc13 server working fine until the shutdown command, then locking up and this happens 100% of the time.  (for the last 3 days anyway)

Before upgrading to rc13, this same script file worked 100% of the time successfully. 

See attached rc13 syslogs and rc12a script file that kicks off the process  (Note the rc12a server shows nothing in its syslog):

Logs ending in OK did not have the rsync part executed.

rc13 is a TamSolutions 24 bay ebay special

Processor: Intel Dual Core E5130

•Speed: 2 Ghz

•Motherboard: SuperMicro X7DBE-X

•RAM: 4GB Fully Buffered DDR2 (2 x 2gb)

•3 x SAT2-MV8 Raid Cards

rc12a server has a Xeon 1220 SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCM-F-O 

sync_t3cron_tstRC13.zip

syslog_2013-06-08_21.56_OK.zip

syslog_2013-06-09_01.02_Crashed.zip

I meant the shutdown issue. I have been initiating shut down with the power button since when I tried it from the web GUI it froze. But this morning after shutting down, when I brought it back up the array was stopped and it should not have been. So I reverted back to rc12a for now. No idea what causes it, but I'll check out rc13 back on my primary unRAID to see if that ends up showing the same issue.

This is 99.9% likely a plugin issue, not a core release issue. I have had many issues with the web GUI and they are always related to a plugin process hanging or not failing gracefully. Try removing all your pulgins and you'll probably have no issues.

When this crops up for me, I can telnet in and look for webGUI hook that is stuck. Since almost all plugins have some shutdown action on array stop, you'll likely see one of your plugins is not shutting down properly and not returning properly, so the GUI is waiting for it to complete - usually a permissions issue, broken download URL, or something like that. From there you can either try and fix the shut-down problem, or alert the plugin author that there is a case that the plugin does not exit gracefully.

Cheers,

whiteatom