unRAID Server Release 5.0-rc13 Available

Second main issue this addresses is NFS stale file handles.  If you want to use NFS with user shares, then you need to do some set up explained here:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Plugin/webGui/NFS

There is a better fix for this which will go into a future release.

I guess that I need to wait for the 'better' fix, then!  In the meantime I will revert to RC10.

I ran one mkvmerge from my 'Torrent' user share to my 'Movies' user share then went to open the 'Movies' share in Nautilus - this resulted in a 'stale nfs file handle' report.

I still don't understand why this problem was absent between rc4 and rc10, but returned in rc11.

i have this same issue, extra config parametrs does not help to much

(also with ubuntu, old or new one, and even from ubuntu side force to use nfsv3 also dont help)

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I loaded RC13, rebooted.

Getting some mem errors during the first stages of boot in the syslog. Anyone else getting them?  Only went from RC12 to RC13.

Tower kernel:  [mem 0x00000000-0x000fffff] page 4k (Errors)

sys log attached.

That is not an error, it is just a syslog line with the word "kernel" within it.

I loaded RC13, rebooted.

Getting some mem errors during the first stages of boot in the syslog. Anyone else getting them?  Only went from RC12 to RC13.

Tower kernel:  [mem 0x00000000-0x000fffff] page 4k (Errors)

sys log attached.

That is not an error, it is just a syslog line with the word "kernel" within it.

Thanks Joe L.  That's good to know, but it does get highlighted in red and has the word (Errors) after it in unmenu so I was a bit worried.  The syslog doesn't mention errors, so I've learned my lesson to read the syslog before panic sets in! :)  I'll re-load RC13 and give it another go.

2) When I stop the array from the web-gui, then every time I press the refresh button it creates a flury of activity in the syslog. Upon inspection, it appears that pressing the Refresh button causes the server to: unload all disks, unload the md driver, reload the md driver, reload all disks, r4efresh the gui. Truly amazing! That can't possibly be by design.

As far as I know this is to be expected.  It is to capture when a new disk is inserted into the server and so it can be added to the array without the server being shut down fully. It is a sudo hotswap functionality.

3) I decided to capture the syslog output to hard disk in order to see what happens when I press the powerdown button. And indeed, a funny thing happens: The server unloads all disks, unloads the md driver, then reloads the md driver again, reloads all disks, then unloads all disks yet again, unloads the md driver again, and then goes for powerdown. That's quite an OCD way to turn off the lights! :)

Not sure on this one but it probably has to do with unloading everything and then reloading it again so the flash can be written to... but don't quote me on that.

4) Despite having selected all options telling unRaid to not engage in any disk spun up / spin down, there's plenty of entries in syslog saying "spinning up all disks. I really wish the server doesn't bother with any spinning up or down if I chose so in the settings.

Depends on what you were doing but some case are going to have to spin up a drive no matter what.  If a write is sent to the drive it HAS TO spin up.

Hi,

So the memory errors that is only seen from this release can be ignored?

Why are they visible / present now?

Duppie

They are NOT errors.  They are just matching a pattern in unMENU that used to only match on a different message that was an error.  I'll update unMENU so it does not highlight those lines.  You should be able to use its Check-for-Updates feature later today to update your version of unMENU.

Again, those are NOT errors.  They are only lines describing how your memory is being allocated.

Joe L.

I think all things Barzija pointed are not new to latest RC except the sync issue, seems really strange that it will keep writing all disks forever, and I can also reproduce it on a test system, didn't installed it on my server (on my sig) yet.

I think all things Barzija pointed are not new to latest RC except the sync issue, seems really strange that it will keep writing all disks forever, and I can also reproduce it on a test system, didn't installed it on my server (on my sig) yet.

Right. My first finding is the most worrying.

2, 3, &4 are just some things that might be connected to 1, and point us in the right direction.

I'm glad you can reproduce it, so now there's some chance that I am not going insane. :)

did you actually see I also confirmed this right after your post? :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I upgraded to rc13 while the wiki says that when I reboot it should say Configuration Invalid. While on my upgrade the array started automatically. Are there something wrong? Thanks

Guys can someone answer this please? I am getting nervous.

Nothing wrong afaik... updating latest versions have been always like that.

Right. My first finding is the most worrying.

2, 3, &4 are just some things that might be connected to 1, and point us in the right direction.

I'm glad you can reproduce it, so now there's some chance that I am not going insane. :)

did you actually see I also confirmed this right after your post? :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Which network protocols do you guys have enabled via unRAID (e.g. SMB/AFP/NFS)?

Second main issue this addresses is NFS stale file handles.  If you want to use NFS with user shares, then you need to do some set up explained here:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Plugin/webGui/NFS

I'm confused by this as I have NFS enabled but don't have any users other than root.

Do I need to do anything?

Thanks.

user shares = You creating a share like "Movies", "TV Shows", "Data", etc... then yes read and apply whats in the notes

If you are only using Disks; like Disk#1, Disk#2 directly, then is seems like no you would not have to do anything.

I upgraded to rc13 while the wiki says that when I reboot it should say Configuration Invalid. While on my upgrade the array started automatically. Are there something wrong? Thanks

The wiki is out of date.  Do not stress over it.

Nothing wrong afaik... updating latest versions have been always like that.

Thanks a lot. Now I can ran a parity check