5.0 RC14 - Intel NIC with no network access (works fine on 4.7)

I've been using 4.7 and finally took the plunge to try 5.0. I downloaded the latest version released tonight, wiped my flash drive completely, and did a fresh install of 5.0 RC14 (only copying my pro key after that completed).

unRAID was able to boot OK and I was able to see the login prompt on at attached monitor, but I was unable to access the web GUI, nor was I able to telnet onto the server or even ping it.

I reverted back to 4.7 and everything is working well again.

If there's some commands you'd like me to run to gather some data on this issue please let me know.

I've been using 4.7 and finally took the plunge to try 5.0. I downloaded the latest version released tonight, wiped my flash drive completely, and did a fresh install of 5.0 RC14 (only copying my pro key after that completed).

unRAID was able to boot OK and I was able to see the login prompt on at attached monitor, but I was unable to access the web GUI, nor was I able to telnet onto the server or even ping it.

I reverted back to 4.7 and everything is working well again.

If there's some commands you'd like me to run to gather some data on this issue please let me know.

Do you have multiple NICs?  In many cases, some not supported in 4.7 will be recognized in 5.0.  Also, if you have multiple LAN ports, they might be discovered in a different order, so try the other LAN connection.

Thanks for the replies guys.

It's my production box so it's been busy lately with some backups and what not. But in the next day or two I'll shut it down, re-install the latest 5.0, and run ifconfig as well as outputting the syslog.

Hardware wise I'm using:

DFI LAN PARTY P35 T2RS

Intel Dual Core E6600

4GB of Corsair RAM

Intel NIC (not sure on the model... I'll get back to you guys on that one once I open the case).

The Intel NIC only has 1 port. The MOBO has 2 ports, but I disabled both of those in the BIOS.

The Intel NIC only has 1 port. The MOBO has 2 ports, but I disabled both of those in the BIOS.

Double check that the onboard NIC are disabled.  I seem to recall that the method of detecting and assigning the NIC has changed between ver4.7 and ver5.0.  As I recall, unRAID assigns the first NIC that it detects.  Several people have been bitten by this change...

Wanted to give you guys an update.

I was in the process of doing a parity rebuild but my speeds on 4.7 were so slow that it was going to take about 6 days to complete (largest disk is 2TB).

So I gave 5.0 another shot and noticed that I made a mistake. One of my onboard NIC's was enabled, and you guys were right in that unRAID was trying to use that instead of my Intel NIC. I disabled the onboard NIC's and unRAID 5.0 successfully used the Intel NIC.

My parity rebuild is also going much faster and estimated to take 1 day (which is about how long parity checks have always taken me).

Thanks for helping me out and pointing out the onboard NIC issue. Now I just need to wait for the rest of my upgrade parts (mostly the two M1015's) and I'll be migrating to an ESXi build.