Apology and Plan Moving Forward

There is an UPDATE! - please refer to the bottom of the first post in the thread.

Wow that is awesome.  Is there a short version explanation of what the patch patches?  Just for those of us who are curious.  Of course don't spend more than 5 mins writing it, pushing rc15 is way more important.

You can see one post he made to the newsgroup here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.reiserfs.general/24257

He has not posted the patch there yet, but what it does is back out the changes he talks about.  I have also studied the patch and it does the right thing.

Excellent news, great teamwork from Jeff, looking forward to rc15 with 3.9.6 kernel

(don't forget realtek patches)

Joe L.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is an UPDATE! - please refer to the bottom of the first post in the thread.

Wow that is awesome.  Is there a short version explanation of what the patch patches?  Just for those of us who are curious.  Of course don't spend more than 5 mins writing it, pushing rc15 is way more important.

You can see one post he made to the newsgroup here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.reiserfs.general/24257

He has not posted the patch there yet, but what it does is back out the changes he talks about.  I have also studied the patch and it does the right thing.

Great news! Thanks for all your hard work on this. It's the large part of what makes unRAID such a great product.

It is already on the "CPU Info" button in the System-Info section of unMENU.  (Have you checked for unMENU updates in the past 5 minutes or so.  The updated version has been there for at least that long.  ;))

Joe L.

Now THAT is what I call responsive !!  :)

~ an hour from request to implementation and distribution !!

It is already on the "CPU Info" button in the System-Info section of unMENU.  (Have you checked for unMENU updates in the past 5 minutes or so.  The updated version has been there for at least that long.  ;))

Joe L.

Now THAT is what I call responsive !!  :)

~ an hour from request to implementation and distribution !!

Actually... requested at 8:46, available to all at 9:03. re-released with the typo corrected at 9:15

Don't forget testing...  And fixing the typo... 8) and re-releasing...  in less than 30 minutes.

Actually, I had it done BEFORE he requested it.  I had just not updated the release-list on google.code.