Server does not correctly power off (only 'System halted')

Hi there,

i recently transferred all the unraid files from my HDD to an usb drive and boot it up with a floppy with plop bootmanager on it (since bios doens't like usb :-P ). After a few tweaks it works quite nicely...

The problem is: When I select powerdown in unraid GUI the system is shutting down all services and stuff correctly and the last thing I can see on the console is "system halted" but it does not actually power off the computer. I can do so by pressing the power button once.

Any ideas about that? Maybe it could have something to do with plop (something like unraid thinking "I wasn't the first to boot up, so when I am finished I cannot power off the whole thing" I don't know :-D )

Very much appreciate your help, thanks!

Hi there,

i recently transferred all the unraid files from my HDD to an usb drive and boot it up with a floppy with plop bootmanager on it (since bios doens't like usb :-P ). After a few tweaks it works quite nicely...

The problem is: When I select powerdown in unraid GUI the system is shutting down all services and stuff correctly and the last thing I can see on the console is "system halted" but it does not actually power off the computer. I can do so by pressing the power button once.

Any ideas about that? Maybe it could have something to do with plop (something like unraid thinking "I wasn't the first to boot up, so when I am finished I cannot power off the whole thing" I don't know :-D )

Very much appreciate your help, thanks!

Without even knowing which version of unRAID you are using, or the add-ons you've installed, and in the absence of an attached syslog, nobody can help you very much.

Archived