[SOLVED] HELP a noob: Fresh Build 4.7, can NOT start array

I am using the Configuration Tutorial. I am at the section: Add Drives to the Array

I have run preclear x3 on both drives, Assigned largest as parity and the other as disk 1. Enabled shares.

I am on Step 5: Under MAIN, the start button is greyed out and it says "No array disk devices have been assigned"

It seems that under DEVICES: The changes are NOT taking effect immediately  :(

syslog.zip

Sorry, I should have thought to post that

SanDisk Cruzer Fit 4 GB USB Flash Drive SDCZ33-004G-B35

Western Digital WD Black WD4001FAEX 4TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (parity)

Western Digital Red WD30EFRX 3TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

GIGABYTE GA-F2A85XM-D3H FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD A4-5300 Trinity 3.4GHz (3.6GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 65W Dual-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7480D AD5300OKHJBOX

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-4GBXM

CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

I am using the Configuration Tutorial. I am at the section: Add Drives to the Array

I have run preclear x3 on both drives, Assigned largest as parity and the other as disk 1. Enabled shares.

I am on Step 5: Under MAIN, the start button is greyed out and it says "No array disk devices have been assigned"

It seems that under DEVICES: The changes are NOT taking effect immediately  :(

4.7 does NOT support drives larger than 2.2TB. Redo your install with 5rc15a and try again.
  • 3 weeks later...