unRAID Server Release 5.0-rc16b Available

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone's user shares report different free space?

All my shares bar 2 should show the same amount of free space,

Time Machine is setup to use Disk8 only and Apps is setup to be Cache only

These are the free space reading (in simplefeautes)

Home Movies 2.9TB

Movies 5.7TB

Music 2.19TB

Those are setup to use All Disks for the shares.

Replicated on standard install without simplefeatures.

Screen_Shot_2013-07-04_at_7_47.12_PM.png.0877d5713907115c30330d1c2d086913.png

Do you have different split levels set for the different shares?

I've noticed this can affect the output of free space whilst using encfs. But it layers it's own fuse filesystem on top so is a little bit different.

Most shares are set to level 4.

Movies is 5.7TB free with a split level of "not set"

TV Shows is 5.7TB with a split level of 4

Do you have different split levels set for the different shares?

I've noticed this can affect the output of free space whilst using encfs. But it layers it's own fuse filesystem on top so is a little bit different.

check your share settings to verify split levels, disk assignments (includes/excludes), etc.

Disk assignments are all set to All, except Time Machine is just set to disk 8. Thats a 3tb drive which is registering 3.94TB free?

The same issue appears to exists on -rc15a. 

By the way, click on 'compute' to see what is really going on the underneath multi-disks shares.  On -rc15a, the free space is correct for shares that reside on a single disk.  The number is wrong for multi-disk shares.  It appears to be the TOTAL space rather than the FREE space.

I updated from rc15a to 16b without issues. However I also show a difference in my share's free space. Picture attached below. I want to say it was like that in earlier releases, but I'm not really sure and at the moment I don't want to regress.

The differences between the CacheDriveBU share and the others is that it does not use the cache drive  and no split levels.

Congratulations to LimeTech and the 16a testers for their hard work! Have a Happy 4th!

ShareDifferences1.png.b52a405fdb55ed9b7a12d968d40b5cd9.png

The Release Notes mention a change in the space calculation: "shfs: correct share free space calculation"

It appears to show free space of the drives that have share files.  If not all the drives have the share files, they don't seem to be included in the free space calculation.

So if 4 of 6 drives have the share files, only 4 drives will show "free space" if I am interpreting it correctly.

well new version broke definately simple features....

diskinventory symbol is all the way left nearly .... where it was all the way right side normally!

also no array totals any more... no more x gb free and a total of all writes and reads...

but that is a SF problem...

speeding ant said something about talking with Tom so he might be working at an update for that....

anyway nothing functional missing and it seems to be working as usual....

gonna do a parity check now

unraid16b-SF.PNG.b82e489f99b6ebce27a798a351679fc1.PNG

unraid15a-SF.PNG.49129802cf6e73fc372743736073ff83.PNG

Free space now seems to be calculated as dlandon says.

the Share 'Movies' is on disk 1 (100gb free) , 3 (300gb free) & 4 (50gb free) Total that unraid displays free is 450gb not the combination of free space on disks 1 to 4. This is irrespective of the included or excluded disks.

The same issue appears to exists on -rc15a. 

By the way, click on 'compute' to see what is really going on the underneath multi-disks shares.  On -rc15a, the free space is correct for shares that reside on a single disk.  The number is wrong for multi-disk shares.  It appears to be the TOTAL space rather than the FREE space.

All my shares are on multiple disks. I don't recall seeing a free space issue with rc15a. I'm getting ready to try out rc16b on my unRAID3.

OK. I installed rc16b on my unRAID2 and unRAID3. My unRAID2 has 23 data drives with content from one share spread across all of them. The free space numbers are not showing any issues for me.

I am not using any Add Ons.

EDIT: Maybe I am confused about this. I just reread the above posts. My free space is shown for each drive, which is what I expect it to show. This has been the case for all rc5x versions I have used and also for 4.7.

But it sounded like one of the posts expected the free space on one drive to show the total free space of the share? That makes no sense to me

Or am I miss reading it?

duh... :-[ :-[ :-[ now I understand... I don't typically go to the share tab. I see it shows the free space listed. I have no idea what mine showed before I switched to rc16b. I'll need to get an imgae of it on my unRAID1 setup. That has a bunch of shares all spanning multiple discs.

The avahi-daemon errors I was see occur when bringing up a VirtualBox hosted WinXP image that is using NAT networking between itself and its host machine that's on the same LAN as Unraid.

I'm seeing avahi-daemon errors in 16b that I've never noticed before:

Jul 4 09:17:16 NAS avahi-daemon[12356]: Invalid legacy unicast query packet.
Jul 4 09:17:16 NAS last message repeated 2 times
Jul 4 09:17:16 NAS avahi-daemon[12356]: Received response from host 192.168.0.5 with invalid source port 64742 on interface 'eth0.0'
Jul 4 09:17:48 NAS last message repeated 6 times
Jul 4 09:19:24 NAS last message repeated 2 times
Jul 4 09:34:56 NAS kernel: mdcmd (57): nocheck
Jul 4 09:34:56 NAS kernel: md: md_do_sync: got signal, exit...
Jul 4 09:34:56 NAS kernel: md: recovery thread sync completion status: -4
Jul 4 09:47:22 NAS avahi-daemon[12356]: Invalid legacy unicast query packet.
Jul 4 09:47:23 NAS last message repeated 2 times
Jul 4 09:47:23 NAS avahi-daemon[12356]: Received response from host 192.168.0.5 with invalid source port 59314 on interface 'eth0.0'
Jul 4 09:47:54 NAS last message repeated 5 times
Jul 4 09:49:30 NAS last message repeated 2 times

Yes i see this share size issue now on my unRAID1 setup. I have fourteen shares with 23 array drives. With rc15a, the shares showed the free space as all that was available in the array. Now, with rc16b, they show completely different numbers which I guess represent the free space from only the drives the shares are on.