unRAID Server Release 5.0-rc16c Available

I thought Tom said he fixed that.

I guess it's not totally fixed. 1 share is still displaying incorrect, despite being restricted to 1 drive. Manually running the mover subtracts the cache size from the total, but it's still including free space available of all drives.

When I posted the above it was happening to a few of my shares. Now it's isolated to just the 1. I'll keep an eye on it while I wait for the next rc/final release. Thanks.

The share may be restricted to writing to just one drive now but have you checked whether or not that share folder exists on the other drives? Reason I asked is because I believe the calculation is based the existence of the share on drives. Tom did actually provide a detailed explanation on how it work and calculates space and from memory its more complex than just the drive restrictions.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tom, what is the proper way to cleanly shutdown unraid from the command line? (no webui)

Reason I ask is because for the apcupsd package.. ideally I want to have it just mimic what the webui is doing - but not have to rely on using that.

You should use the 'powerdown' script which calls emhttp to initiate the shutdown.  The reason you want to do that is because emhttp will generate all the proper shutdown events that plugin event handlers are possibly waiting for.

and this is the included one with 5.x ?

/sbin/powerdown

#!/bin/bash
#
# Helper script to gracefully power-down unRAID server.
# Works only if webGui is running and listening on port 80.

# Access a blank page in case this is first request since startup.
/usr/bin/wget -q -O - localhost/update.htm >/dev/null

# Have emhttp do all the work as if user clicked 'shutdown' in webGui.
/usr/bin/wget -q -O - localhost/update.htm?shutdown=apply >/dev/null

so what if the array is running (does it stop it, then do shutdown)? what happens if its doing a parity check? or if webgui isnt listening?

and finally, can we make this be called if the user hits the power button (not holding it down). :)

Dug into the 'clean powerdown' script a little bit and realize it does a bit more things than just shutdown.. things i wish the normal shutdown process would do. specifically offloading the current syslog to the flashdrive log folder named nicely (and zip if its installed).

http://code.google.com/p/unraid-powercontrol/source/browse/trunk/rc.unRAID#97

Tom, any chance of getting something similar added to the native shutdown process so we dont have to resort to a plugin to do it?

Another thing I see it can do is spit out a bunch of possible useful debugging info.. perhaps this type of thing might be useful to add when shutting down in safemode (since obviously one of the only reasons to be in it.. is to debug/troubleshoot)?

http://code.google.com/p/unraid-powercontrol/source/browse/trunk/rc.unRAID#48

! rc16c update failed !

Just tried to update from rc12a and the system did not come up.  Tried using Safe Mode as well with same result.  Hooked up a monitor to see what's going on and it looked like it was stuck initializing the first drive (sda) or something.  Will try to get back with some details soon.

Went back to rc12a and system is running again.

! rc16c update failed !

Just tried to update from rc12a and the system did not come up.  Tried using Safe Mode as well with same result.  Hooked up a monitor to see what's going on and it looked like it was stuck initializing the first drive (sda) or something.  Will try to get back with some details soon.

Went back to rc12a and system is running again.

You need to run the make bootable.bat on the USB again.

You need to run the make bootable.bat on the USB again.

Well I tried rc16c again to get a pic of the screen and ... it booted!?  So I guess it's 'fixed'?

This time I only copied over bzroot and bzimage as I kept the new syslinux.cfg.  Last time it loaded both files and started the initialization but got stuck along the way.

A small issue I've just noticed - the system won't power off on shutdown - I'm running rc16b now but I did not see anything new in rc16c release notes that may change this behaviour. It used to work with earlier releases - at least with those I've tried (I had rc12a before)

MB is an older Intel DP35DP / E2160 / 5x1.5T HDD + 3 TB parity.

I'm not an expert with this, but I believe that auto-power-off is an ACPI and/or APM function.  It's possible that your ACPI/APM functionality has been limited or turned off with later Linux kernels.  Kernel releases often include patches and workarounds for buggy BIOS's, sometimes limiting or turning off full functionality.  I would suggest checking your current syslog for log entries concerning ACPI, perhaps comparing it with an rc12a syslog.  If you wish, attach a zip with both syslogs for us to compare.

If the hold up is just documentation, how about launching only to forum members before making it fully public? You could also tap the forum for help with documentation.

Alternatively, launch 5.0 final to Plus/Pro licensees with the caveat that there is only forum support available for now.

Both of these strategies limit the number of upgrades happening at the same time, making support more manageable (especially in the absence of full documentation). This would allow plugin authors and other advance users to get on with things.

If the hold up is just documentation, how about launching only to forum members before making it fully public? You could also tap the forum for help with documentation.

Alternatively, launch 5.0 final to Plus/Pro licensees with the caveat that there is only forum support available for now.

Both of these strategies limit the number of upgrades happening at the same time, making support more manageable (especially in the absence of full documentation). This would allow plugin authors and other advance users to get on with things.

I think that is a great IDEA How about just pull the trigger on the V5 Final it has been a very long Wait and I think it looks like we are at last in the correct place.