Unclean Powerdown - Now Hanging

I accidentally shut down unraid using "shutdown" rather than "powerdown" from the terminal yesterday, and now it won't reboot.  The logs aren't showing me the error but it appears to be hanging on apcupsd upon reboot (I'm on rc5-b16c).  I've tried booting to safe mode which also isn't work.

message is:

apcupsd: no process killed

>>>waiting...

>>>waiting...

>>>waiting... and this continues to loop over and over.

When booting in safe mode, it also hangs.

Since I can't copy and paste the error logs, I took a couple of pictures of the screen.

http://imgur.com/QRw9usy,ciAcK92

Any thoughts?

Try deleting or and the apcupsd.plg, and tgz, in packages I think. That might fix it. If not see below.

I think the url in the plg is bad. I upgrade to the lasted RC and it wouldnt install last week. I had to copy the fires from the old RC.

Hopefully you have a saved backup of your flash drive. Format usb and copy your backup to it. You will have to run the makebootable again as admin.  Try to boot from it. If that does not work, wait to hear from someone who know more than me. The above process work for me more than once.

Copy you non booting flash files, you can get your plugns  and stuff, if your backup is old.

Dont worry, should be an easy fix. URaid is pretty resilient. You can unpucker you spincter now.

BTW: For future ref...print or save a copy some where safe so you will know how to assign your diives. If something  really ba happens.

Thanks for the tips. I've renamed the apcupsd pkg and tgz files, I've copied everything off the drive, formatted and copied it back and still no luck.

I do have a printout of my drive assignments so I suppose I can start over if necessary, but I'd like to avoid that as I would have to redo all my shares and redo all the plugin configuration.

I wonder if anyone has any other suggestions?

edit: I also scanned the disk in windows, and repaired errors found.

If you have to rebuild you usb boot, you and copy the config folder from the old boot usb and get your shares and other goodies back. I would not include plugins folder on first boot. After getting a good boot try it with the plugins folder included. If they all load you are back 100% without redoing your shares and plugins. That is what is did when upgrading to RC16.

If your are not oin RC16, it might be a good time to upgrade. Just start with a fresh formatted USB stick. Copy all the files and run the makebootable batch file. Drop you licence key and config folder with plugins, if all is well with your array. Second boot with plugins folder, or if you are anal. Just copy the plg files after you boot and start the array. then move the plugins and install then manually one by one verifying proper function. cd /boot/plugins/installplg dontfoolmenow.plg for example. You and see how goes it on your telnet sonsole.