Confusion on how "Included / Excluded Disk(s)" works

Hi,

If I wanted to create a share which will be limited to a specific drive, I know that I have to do is specify the disk in "Included Disk(s)" when creating a share. E.g. disk10

The question is:

Do I have to exclude disk10 from all the pre-existing shares or will it be automatically excluded? If yes, will modifying the Exclude Disk(s) attribute mess up anything?

Thanks

Hi,

If I wanted to create a share which will be limited to a specific drive, I know that I have to do is specify the disk in "Included Disk(s)" when creating a share. E.g. disk10

The question is:

Do I have to exclude disk10 from all the pre-existing shares or will it be automatically excluded? If yes, will modifying the Exclude Disk(s) attribute mess up anything?

Thanks

It depends  :)

If you've listed the specific disks you want included on the other shares, then they won't include disk10.

If you have not (i.e. they don't have either includes or excludes specifically noted), then yes, you need to add disk10 as an "exclude".

When you list the "includes", that is ALL a share will use.    But if not, then it will use all disks except those specifically excluded in the "excludes."