5RC8A- Web interface times out during parity check

Bought a new WD Red 3TB drive this week, ran a preclear cycle and replaced my old parity drive with it.  The server started calculating Parity and got over 60% done before the WebGUI stopped working- it times out.

I can still access my usershares and access the server console via IPMI.  Any ideas why the web interface is inaccessible (I'm not good at interpreting the syslog, other than glaring errors)?  Should I wait a few hours (I'm assuming the server is still doing its parity check) and see if it comes back online? 

Yes, I'm aware that disk3 is on it's way out.  I'm planning on replacing that drive with my old parity drive and RMAing it.  And I'm still on 5 RC8A because it was rock solid and I was under the assumption that 5.0 Final would be released soon.

Server stats if needed:

Mobo: Supermicro MBD-X7SPE-HF-D525-O

PSU- Antec NEO ECO 400W

RAM- Crucial 4GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1333

Drives: 1x 2tb Samsung as Parity (Now a WD Red 3TB)

1x 2tb Seagate (Samsung replacement)

1x 2tb Samsung

3x 1.5tb Samsung

750gb Seagate as cache

Syslog: http://pastebin.com/sinYf0Gx

Thanks

Disk 3 is having read errors. This make the computation of parity impossible. Put the original parity drive back in and set a new config and  check the "parity is correct" box. Replace and rebuild disk 3, do a parity check, and then replace parity.

You can move the parity disk to the disk 3 slot and instal the new parity drive in one step. Restore the system with the original parity drive. Disk 3 must be disable, with a red ball, in order to begin the procedure. Stop the array and un-assign disk 3. Start the array and disk 3 will show a red ball. Now power down and install the new parity drive. Start the system and assign the old parity drive to disk 3 and the new parity drive as parity. Start the array and the parity info will be copied to the new parity drive and then disk 3 will be rebuilt. Finally, perform a parity check.

Archived