GETTING DISK ERRORS, SYNC ERRORS & PARITY REPORTING 2 MONTHS TO FINISH [solved]

Hi, I'm using the Unraid free version 5.0-Beta14 with a three 2TB disks.  My shares are using the fill-up allocation method.

- Parity disk is sda

- Data disk1 is sdb <-- 750gb free

- Data disk2 is sdc <-- No data is on this disk

About two weeks ago, I powered down the server using the web interface and moved it.  When I booted it back up in the new location, I noticed the web interface took a noticeably longer to load the main/shares/users/settings/utils pages.  When I brought the array online, those pages seemed to respond quicker.  I shut the server down this earlier this week and  when I booted up last night, the web interface reported that disk 2 had an error, but I could start the array without the disk.  I did not start the array and rebooted instead.  No errors reported after the reboot.  I brought the array online and everything seemed normal except for the web interface now showing an error under disk2.

I tried to stream a movie and could not without a pause every 3 minutes..  I thought this was a switch/router/cabling issue, but now I believe it to be a disk read issue on disk1.  I “think” the integrity of the disk is okay and maybe this is a quirk with Unraid?  I’m not positive though.

I tried running a parity check and it reported 24 sync errors and 103,939 minutes (two months) estimated to finish the parity check.  I don't wish to wait two months, so I canceled the parity check.  I ran “smartctl –a –A /dev/sda” and also on sdb and sdc and attached the reports for those disks.  Disk1 (sdb) looks like it has the issues, but, it reports 0 for Reallocated_Sector_Ct, Current_Pending_Sector, UDMA_CRC_Error_Count.

System logs shows: (which is also attached).

Jul 22 02:08:14 Tower kernel: ata4: lost interrupt (Status 0x50)

Jul 22 02:08:14 Tower kernel: ata4.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x6 frozen

Jul 22 02:08:14 Tower kernel: ata4.00: failed command: READ DMA

I will verify my HDD data cables did not come loose from moving the server, but other than that, I’m not sure what to do… Any suggestions? Thanks.

syslog.txt

smartsda.txt

smartsdb.txt

smartsdc.txt

Archived