Status

I'm f5ing all over the place... but it's not working! Hopefully soon, and hopefully he meant 5.0 final.

I still have this feeling that SimpleFeatures is going to be put in as the default UI.  8)

If this is the case, I will be jumping for joy!.  ;)

:o Personally I'd be fine with that, but I think one or two folks around here would have a conniption if such a major change got introduced at this point of the release....  ;D

I still have this feeling that SimpleFeatures is going to be put in as the default UI.  8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So since most other threads seem to have got locked, this is the main most recent one I can find talking about status and where things are at. Can we have an update Tom1 or Tom2 please? ETA on 5 final? Do we need more RC's? What are we waiting on? etc

Nobody seems to know anything and it has all gone too quiet.

It's gone quiet because Tom is sick of dealing with the +1 B/S and the constant questioning of arguing and pestering him for updates. The update, just as posted in the LOCKED thread and in the webUI thread, is that he's on the forums, he's working hard on the documentation, and that's that. There is no ETA because setting some arbitrary day isn't going to mean shit again unless it's done and there's a thread posted saying 5.0 final is out.

It's done when you see the thread saying so. I'm on here everyday looking for an update but you don't see me making posts about it because frankly it's a waste of his time. Do you see how intense the v4 documentation is? Pages and pages of support scenarios all have to be updated and redone. Not an easy task.

Someone please lock this thread too.

An update was provided. Tom is busy working on unRAID 5.

He's not MIA. He's very busy.

It seems people want a commitment.

I think if one is made, and if it's not met, there will just be another round of complaints.

At this point Tom isn't ready to provide a detailed update or a commitment.

We can see that he visits the forum regularly.

We know he's working on unRAID 5.