Status - update

Not 'final', not another -rc, it's some changes to the webGui to support a Help system and Plugin Manager, and stylistic changes taken from Simple Features - the result of working with speeding-ant (and with his full and complete blessing).

Here's the link to a .plg file for it:

http://download.lime-technology.com/dnld/webGui-r2.plg

What you want to do is wget this into /boot/plugins (not /boot/config/plugins).  If you have anything already in /boot/plugins (like simple features), remove it first please.  Then type:

installplg /boot/plugins/webGui-r2.plg

Now navigate to the Main webGui page.

There will be a (brief) period of "public review" during which I will be fixing a few stylistic issues (like lining up the columns on the Main page) and fleshing out the Help documentation more fully, and then finally, release 5.0 'stable'.  Other than webGui-related, the only changes so far to the code itself is a couple minor bug fixes.

For this review period, I'm interested in all your helpful suggestions.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First impressions are great! Looks the part, and seems to be working nicely.. thank you Tom!  :D

One quick question - is it possible to use some of the individual simplefeatures addon plgs with this? eg Disk health/server stats?

EDIT: Can confirm neither work currently, error messages are below in case they're useful to you:

Disk health displays: Warning: parse_ini_file(/simpleFeatures.disk.health.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/include/myPage_content.php(61) : eval()'d code on line 15

Disk/Server stats displays: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/include/myPage_content.php(31) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: parse_ini_file(/simpleFeatures.system.stats.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/include/myPage_content.php(61) : eval()'d code on line 12

First impressions are great! Looks the part, and seems to be working nicely.. thank you Tom!  :D

One quick question - is it possible to use some of the individual simplefeatures addon plgs with this? eg Disk health/server stats?

Simplefeatures existing webserver plugin is working just fine, not sure about the others.

There may be some issues with existing SF plugins but we will be working these out.

There may be some issues with existing SF plugins but we will be working these out.

No problem! Thanks Tom  8)

Clicking on Systemlog makes safari go spastic.

Do you mean the Log button on the menu bar, the System Log utility on the Utilities menu, or something else?  Also what version of Safari are you using?

System log Utilities menu, has a refresh rate of 1 sec by the looks of it.

Safari - 6.0.5

Does this mean the end of Simple Features ?

just checking .....  before i reboot both servers with this new gui...

No, at present the only functionality from SF built into the new 'stock' webGui is from the SF "core" webGui plugin.  The idea is to provide a better platform for plugin authors to minimize changes to the 'core' webGui application.

Do you mean the Log button on the menu bar, the System Log utility on the Utilities menu, or something else?  Also what version of Safari are you using?

Safari - 6.0.5

There shouldn't be any refresh of that page at all... possible some other plugin is doing this?

Well it works but all SF plugins are not working now as they are depending on the SF core package

Stats are giving an error

Warning: parse_ini_file(/simpleFeatures.system.stats.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/include/myPage_content.php(61) : eval()'d code on line 12

no icon and page for cachedirs

and so on ....

SO I hope somebody is going to address that as otherwise we will have to all go back to hacking the go file ..... and that then again is not good for the safe mode option and there we go again in that vicious circle ....

anyway not really Tom's problem ... just wanted it mentioned so the newbies know what is happening .... and we get this 20 times in this thread ... not that this will stop them :P

speeding-ant did mention that he would be making all the SF plugins non dependent on the core, I cant wait for this day as all I ever used when using SF for was the email, sleep and stats/space plugin's.

Just have to wait for updates, the most important thing is unraids stable and functional and not some plugin.

edit:

Just wanted to say great job on the UI guys unraid looks sweet as, great work love the plugin interface.

edit:

Seem to lost the jre icons, any idea where I can find it or is it wait for updates

Safari - 6.0.5

There shouldn't be any refresh of that page at all... possible some other plugin is doing this?

I am seeing the same thing on Google Chrome.  I ran a quick sanity check, and launched IE (which I've never started in native mode, who knows what Windows is doing in the background?).  Internet Explorer with no addons did the same thing.

*Edit*

Honestly it seems as though it's refreshing as fast as it can rewrite the page on to the screen.  Multiple times per second.  I followed the installation instructions, and rebooted my array. 

http://pluto/Utils/Syslog

Not seeing the refresh rate issue here in either ff or chrome

Safari - 6.0.5

I am seeing the same thing on Google Chrome.  I ran a quick sanity check, and launched IE (which I've never started in native mode, who knows what Windows is doing in the background?).  Internet Explorer with no addons did the same thing.

looking good.... observations:

1) No Temps on top black bar, liked that feature

2) unRAID Mountain range logo doesn't stretch all the way on my widescreen monitor

3) As already discussed, Cache and flash numbers don't line up with others

3) Some plugins' names are truncated - for me it's dropbox or "ropbo" atm

4) Log opens in a new tab but doesn't load the page 100%. tails the correct data but in safari the blue progress bar never completes. Works in firefox, running safari 6.0.5.

5) Plugins page needs a general tidy-up, but clearly work in progress

6) the help button only works on main and plugins page, again i presume work in progress

7) The Health and Stats tabs are missing and provided useful information

ooooh, i do love this software! such a decent, tidy server solution that everyone should be using. Well done LimeTech, it deserves to  have wider recognition.

http://pluto/Utils/Syslog

Not seeing the refresh rate issue here in either ff or chrome

Safari - 6.0.5

I don't see it refreshing, for me it shows as safari never completing the page, but it is useable. I've tried resetting resetting safari, no change...Safari -> reset safari -> all ticked except passwords.

New webinterface looks great. Great bit of collaborative work.

I did notice though that the UNplugged section and plugins seem to be missing not sure if I just need to restart unraid for them to reappear....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2