unRAID Server release 4.5-beta1 available

limetech

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom do you have any idea if the "unformatted" bug will be squashed in the new release?. I think you hinted that the solution was tricky but its a potential "wipe entire array" bug and really needs put to bed before it bites some poor unsuspecting new user.

• 3 months later...

just a note, OSX users will need to use the following export options:

*(rw,insecure)

otherwise the shares won't mount

Thanks for this, but Im getting "could not connect to server because the name or password is not correct."

Samba connection is fine Any ideas?

Mark.

Hi Mark,  did you ever get this working?  I have a imac and I'm trying to connect to my unraid via NFS, but it says directory doesn't exist or wrong user name and password.

I have set the share to export NFS per the instructions, putting the *(rw,insecure) on the NFS line.  SMB works just fine.

Thanks,

Steve

just a note, OSX users will need to use the following export options:

*(rw,insecure)

otherwise the shares won't mount

Thanks for this, but Im getting "could not connect to server because the name or password is not correct."

Samba connection is fine Any ideas?

Mark.

Hi Mark,  did you ever get this working?  I have a imac and I'm trying to connect to my unraid via NFS, but it says directory doesn't exist or wrong user name and password.

I have set the share to export NFS per the instructions, putting the *(rw,insecure) on the NFS line.  SMB works just fine.

Thanks,

Steve

Please disregard.  I had to reboot my unraid for other reasons, and it works just fine now.  I have no issues connecting my imac to the unraid via NFS.

Thanks,

Steve

I couldn't get Vista Ultimate to connect to my server using the mount command (error -53), so I followed the instructions to telnet in and chmod 777 -R all my files. I still can't mount, but now my old drive maps can see folders, but no folders show a file. I can't see them in DOS either (no folders).

When I log in via my mac, everything is there. What have i done?!

I did chmod back to 700 and that has gotten my files back, but still no NFS love?