Flipping the switch to go from physical to virtual

Ebay,  7.50, ordered.

I also managed t locate my case

http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/3U/933/SC933T-R760.cfm

PSU is triple redundant, 360 x 3, 760 total, so what does that mean for the number of PSUs I need to run at a time? If I can pull 1 or 2 then I obviously cut down the volume greatly.

Well judging by the look of it, you will need to do the psu mod to cut down on noise. No if or buts about it.

3 psus huh ....

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Same for Linux with Xen,  but I assume not for the later because of read and write of the Linux os.

I think its easier with linux+xen as you can put boot partition on usb and ithers on hdd. But if you have to have regular hdd you might as well run from it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Ebay,  7.50, ordered.

I also managed t locate my case

http://www.supermicro.com/products/chassis/3U/933/SC933T-R760.cfm

PSU is triple redundant, 360 x 3, 760 total, so what does that mean for the number of PSUs I need to run at a time? If I can pull 1 or 2 then I obviously cut down the volume greatly.

I have this case. You can run 1, 2 or 3 psu's. if you don't care about redundancy, you can get by on one, most likely. You do have to actually pop them out as an alarm will sound if its installed but not plugged in.

Good to know Steven.  Are you running stock psu or did you go with some sort of mod?

I concluded I could almost run unraid on its own and nix the vms I use for sick beard and such,  but I need somewhere for my firewall still. 

I can do pci pass through to 2 different vms right?  I do it now for my Nic card in esx.  So I would need that,  but the also my sas cards now too.

Good to know Steven.  Are you running stock psu or did you go with some sort of mod?

I concluded I could almost run unraid on its own and nix the vms I use for sick beard and such,  but I need somewhere for my firewall still. 

I can do pci pass through to 2 different vms right?  I do it now for my Nic card in esx.  So I would need that,  but the also my sas cards now too.

I use the stock power supplies.