unRAID Server Release 5.0 i386 Available

Is there an issue running the new GUI on a single core CPU? I have a 2.4Ghz AMD LE-1620 that I upgraded to unRAID pro 5.0 but when I tried the new GUI it became unresponsive. I was never able to access it after the upgrade to the new GUI.

I had no issues with my unRAID2 and unRAID3 which both have dual core CPUs. So with a single core at 2.4Ghz is thsi a problem or maybe just an isolated incident. I went back rc16c and had to do parity check. But now it's back where it should be and I have upgraded again to 5.0 butI'm not sure if I should try to use the new GUI again.

I went ahead and tried it again. It seems like the first few minutes after the GUI upgrade that it is unresponsive. I waited several minutes and then tried to access it. This time the pages came up properly with the new GUI.

Hi,

you using the swap page plugin from THEONE ?

in both my servers i have to wait till the swap page is p before i can access the gui...

guess it needs to compete the complete plugin circle before the GUI is ready ...

you can test it by disabling mounting the swap during boot

the gui should be much quicker accessible

I don't use any plugins.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi

Is it safe to installed simple feature (SF) with ver 5.0 and new GUI.

thanks

Not really...

we are all waiting for Speedy_Ant to upgrade his packages to work with this new GUI.....

he said he would so we are waiting...

Not to put pressure on him, but have we heard from speeding_ant with an ETA?

my automated parcheck started this morning at 00:00. looks on scheduled to complete at the same time (~36,000s) as it always has since v4.7 two years ago and through all 5.0b/rc versions.

on the plus side, i forgot to uninstall unmenu's addons. While i disabled unmenu itself its addons continue to function (hense the automated parcheck and email notifications).

Hi

Is it safe to installed simple feature (SF) with ver 5.0 and new GUI.

thanks

Well, I am using basic Simple Features (1.0.11) with the Ver 5.0.  I have not had any problems with it.  But I did disable the "Stats", "Sleep" and "Temp" plugins.  (However, those items were disabled back about rc12.) 

The biggest problem seems to be that you can't hide/unhide individual disk shares from the Main page by clicking on the "disk#" label. 

Upgraded today from 16c to 5.0 Final. Still using SF 1.0.11.

Parity Check as "usual":

Last checked on Sun Sep 1 17:33:45 2013 CEST (today), finding 0 errors.

Duration: 10 hours, 3 minutes, 26 seconds. Average speed: 82,9 MB/sec

So for me is everything fine, waiting for Speeding_Ant to update his addons.

For specs see my sig.

Thanks Tom for your good work!

Cheers

fyi all,

I just updated to 5.0 i386 (from 5.0-rc16c) and tried the parity check (NOCORRECT) - installed 5, rebooted, deselected "Correct any Parity-Check errors by writing the Parity disk with corrected parity" and clicked "Check".

The parity check kicked off with NOCORRECT in the syslog as expected.

This seems contrary to people who have said this doesn't work, but for me it works as expected.

fyi all,

I just updated to 5.0 i386 (from 5.0-rc16c) and tried the parity check (NOCORRECT) - installed 5, rebooted, deselected "Correct any Parity-Check errors by writing the Parity disk with corrected parity" and clicked "Check".

The parity check kicked off with NOCORRECT in the syslog as expected.

This seems contrary to people who have said this doesn't work, but for me it works as expected.

You are not alone :)  If you noticed my post some pages back in this thread I did got same results you got... then unless there is something specific that may trigger it I can also not understand or reproduce it anymore on 5.0 final.

I was curious about that issue as I reported it back on rc16c, did even asked on a post back in this thread what exact steps to reproduce it, but got no reply at all... and one of the posts about it from Patilan apparently disappeared, despite there are still quotes of it on this thread, then I can't understand if Patilan reported it by mistake and then removed it or what happened really..!?

Upgraded today from 16c to 5.0 Final. Still using SF 1.0.11.

Parity Check as "usual":

Last checked on Sun Sep 1 17:33:45 2013 CEST (today), finding 0 errors.

Duration: 10 hours, 3 minutes, 26 seconds. Average speed: 82,9 MB/sec

So for me is everything fine, waiting for Speeding_Ant to update his addons.

For specs see my sig.

Thanks Tom for your good work!

Cheers

what i find remarkable is how close our checks are given the difference in hardware, total array size, disks, etc.

Last checked on Sun Sep 1 10:00:43 2013 EDT (today), finding 0 errors.
> Duration: 10 hours, 42 seconds. Average speed: 83.3 MB/sec

I'm very happy with my parity check speed, on a relatively slow platform (HP Microserver N54L), albeit with 5 fairly new 4TB drives. I have a few tweaks to my settings, but nothing special:

Last checked on Sun Sep 1 09:07:07 2013 BST (today), finding 0 errors. 
> Duration: 9 hours, 7 minutes, 5 seconds. Average speed: 121.9 MB/sec

Once Tom has made a final push, I'll be migrating the rest of the packages to ensure they work with unRAID final. I will no longer make them dependent of the base plugin, and will also push them to GitHub. This could take up to a month to complete due to my busy day job, and also because I'm working on my own Cocoa app.

Cheers

Upgraded from 4.7 to 5.0 no problems

The Good:

Followed the instructions to format USB and copy the vital config.

Ran the new-permissions script (took 4h 10m)

Upgraded the web-gui (looks much nicer)

*Changed my 2Tb parity drive to a brand new 3Tb drive (BIOS decided to change the boot order to this drive!?)

Removed an error prone 1.5Tb drive and recycled the old 2Tb parity.

The Missing:

unRAID still does not email basic warnings... Dead Drive, Overheat, Almost Full, Parity Check older than x days, SMART report on reboot

unRAID doesn't have a scheduled Parity Check (Montly?)

Thanks for all of the hard work Tom.

I am really happy with unRAID, just taking the time to give recommendations on what I think is important for the less technical user.

What Next?

Replace another old 1.5Tb drive with a fresh 3Tb (going to re-use the 1.5Tb in my PVR solution)

Might try and run a version of unRAID with TVHeadend baked in, as it would be nice to have an XBMC-PVR backend.

Wait for the plugin stuff to be finished

PS - I didn't run any of the Beta/RC versions, my unRAID server is "Production" at home and the wife would NOT like the media server to be unavailable. While the forum seemed very good and responsive to the 'current' beta/rc I feel that I would have had to continue to run on the bleeding edge, while running the availability gauntlet for my home media.

PPS - I don't like running plugins, as they seem to open the door to reliability issues.

Just upgraded from rc11 to 5.0 final. Hopefully this resolves my "Stale file handle" issue with NFS that I was having almost weekly with rc11. Love the look so far with the new web gui.

PPS - I don't like running plugins, as they seem to open the door to reliability issues.

That's why they are optional. ;)