unRAID Server Release 5.0 i386 Available

Info for upgrade to 5.0 ------

----

- Go to Users page and re-enter all of your users.  If you plan on using SMB and/or AFP with either Secure or

Private security mode, you must enter at least one user because the 'root' user name is no longer permitted for

network share authentication.  If all your shares are Public, you may not need to add any users.

-------

Rebuild your users list. Sucks (I had 38 users to rebuild on 2 networks, can you imagine that pain? Sucks, but that's what the man says.

Well, just finished the updating of my 4.7 server to 5.0. Followed the instructions implicitly and it all worked fine. Had on small problem. In chasing down the connectivity problems between MS Win7 and UnRaid I had entered into the Vault were Windows Credentials are being stored for automatic logon the user "root" with password, while the new new credentials were "root" with no password. Couldn't imagine why I couldn't open \\Tower on this one machine but could open the IP address to the shares on the Tower server.

Opened up the Vault Credentials and deleted the entry for Tower from it. Now everything is working as it supposed to.

Just had two lines with Errors but after comparing them to the 4.7 log I think they can be ignored.

Sep  8 21:55:02 Tower kernel: atiixp 0000:00:14.1: not 100%% native mode: will probe irqs later

Sep  8 21:55:02 Tower kernel: ide0: BM-DMA at 0xff00-0xff07

Sep  8 21:55:02 Tower kernel: atiixp 0000:00:14.1: simplex device: DMA disabled

Sep  8 21:55:02 Tower kernel: ide1: DMA disabled

Sep  8 21:55:02 Tower kernel: Probing IDE interface ide0...

Sep  9 13:19:25 Tower kernel: atiixp 0000:00:14.1: not 100%% native mode: will probe irqs later

Sep  9 13:19:25 Tower kernel: ide0: BM-DMA at 0xff00-0xff07

Sep  9 13:19:25 Tower kernel: atiixp 0000:00:14.1: simplex device: DMA disabled (Errors)

Sep  9 13:19:25 Tower kernel: ide1: DMA disabled (Errors)

Sep  9 13:19:25 Tower kernel: Probing IDE interface ide0...

Again Thanks for all the toys and fish  ;D

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All my shares are public with full read & write privileges but if you have users in the Windows Vault you will have to take care of them so Tom's statement is only addressing the UnRaid side at least that is how it worked for me. I have no users in the Unraid configuration just root.

To show how forgiving v5 & esxi is, my v5 final server has only 4gb RAM, but otherwise ready for esxi with X9SCM Xeon and 1015 cards and once esxi was running I just plugged in the unmodified unRaid boot USB and it started and has been running flawlessly for 3 days. I was expecting failure. 

With only 4gb ram total, esxi grabbed 2.2 leaving unRaid only 1.8gb. This wasn't quite enough for crashplan which got clobbered, but everything else just hummed along.  Including all the other junk that loads on startup.

More memory ordered but it runs.

Sent from my mobile

Just overwrite bzimage, bzroot, readme.txt and syslinux.cfg and leave other (syslinux) files alone and it should work properly.

Just upgraded from rc11 using this method. All went fine.

One question regarding 5.0.

I see the added menu item for booting into "Safe Mode". What exactly happens if you boot into Safe Mode?  I couldn't find any reference to it in this thread.

Thanks.

Just overwrite bzimage, bzroot, readme.txt and syslinux.cfg and leave other (syslinux) files alone and it should work properly.

I see the added menu item for booting into "Safe Mode". What exactly happens if you boot into Safe Mode?  I couldn't find any reference to it in this thread.

Thanks.

If you boot in Safe Mode it will not load any plugins or packages you have on 'extra' folder.

Thanks.

If you boot in Safe Mode it will not load any plugins or packages you have on 'extra' folder.

Thanks  :D

Thanks.

UnRAID is started without any plugins being loaded.  If you encounter any problems when running, then using Safe Mode gives you a painless way of seeing if one of your plugins is at the root of any issues.

I am unable to add any new users from the users tab in unraid. Anyone know what might be wrong? I am using the upgraded gui if that matters.

Are you using mixed case? If so, use only lower case letters.

Linux doesn't allow mixed case for unix ids as far as I know so no, I am not. All ids I create are lower-case.

I removed the new gui and am back on stock but still unable to add any additional users.

OK nevermind. It wasn't liking something in the description field. I left it blank and it worked.

Hello all,

Just reporting in that I just upgraded from rc8a to final, doing the format / make_bootable / restore config directory procedure.  I'm running a virtual unraid VM, booting plop/usb and it booted up without any problems.

One thing I did do was to exclude the plugins directory from the config directory which contained open_vm_tools package (my VM is using e1000 nic so I could safely do this)  Does anybody know where I can find a compatible open vm tools version for 5.0 final?  http://unraid.zeron.ca/ only lists up to 5.0rc16c ?  I read it should be compatible but can anybody confirm this?

Regards,

Werner

Upgraded to 5 stable and my network won't come up.  I think it's a Realtek issue, ifconfig shows loopback address.  I went back through all the release candidates and the latest one that worked was RC13.  Had trouble with a few before it.  So I'm running on RC13 now.

syslog attached-once I got it running again on RC15, I'm guessing this can help identify the NIC.  Sorry I don't have the syslog from 5 stable.

Old Intel D945GCLF2 mini-itx board, I can't recall what the NIC is but the Internet says Realtek 8111C.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

syslog.txt

Here's some interesting lines from your syslog:

Sep 24 23:14:33 Tower kernel: FAT-fs (sdc1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck
Sep 24 23:14:34 Tower emhttp: unclean shutdown detected
Sep 24 23:14:34 Tower kernel: mdcmd (12): check CORRECT
Sep 24 23:14:34 Tower kernel: r8169 0000:01:00.0 eth0: link up

SDC1 would be your USB Flash drive. You should check run a disk check on it.

It looks like your system is running a parity check, but the Ethernet link is up using 192.168.63.11.

Hello all,

Just reporting in that I just upgraded from rc8a to final, doing the format / make_bootable / restore config directory procedure.  I'm running a virtual unraid VM, booting plop/usb and it booted up without any problems.

One thing I did do was to exclude the plugins directory from the config directory which contained open_vm_tools package (my VM is using e1000 nic so I could safely do this)  Does anybody know where I can find a compatible open vm tools version for 5.0 final?  http://unraid.zeron.ca/ only lists up to 5.0rc16c ?  I read it should be compatible but can anybody confirm this?

Regards,

Werner

That version works.

Here's some interesting lines from your syslog:

Sep 24 23:14:33 Tower kernel: FAT-fs (sdc1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck
Sep 24 23:14:34 Tower emhttp: unclean shutdown detected
Sep 24 23:14:34 Tower kernel: mdcmd (12): check CORRECT
Sep 24 23:14:34 Tower kernel: r8169 0000:01:00.0 eth0: link up

SDC1 would be your USB Flash drive. You should check run a disk check on it.

It looks like your system is running a parity check, but the Ethernet link is up using 192.168.63.11.

Yeah, the log is from after I reverted back to RC13, which runs.  I attached the log to help identify the NIC.

I had to hard shutdown from previous startup when I tried 5 stable.

sorry for the confusion.

Yeah, the log is from after I reverted back to RC13, which runs.  I attached the log to help identify the NIC.

I had to hard shutdown from previous startup when I tried 5 stable.

sorry for the confusion.

Can you boot V5.0 final into safe mode (a.k.a. no plugins/stock go script) and have it stable enough to capture a log?

If so, please post. Thanks!

I have a stock go script and I'll verify I have the plugins folder emptied.

I assume the syslog will be stored in the log folder on the flash drive after startup and I can just copy that file, no need to be able to access through the web UI, as I don't expect the network to come up.