Can not get passed smb password prompt

I just upgraded to 5.0 final and figured I would make it a fresh start by formatting the usb and installing everything one at a time.

I just barely got it up, added a user, and started setting all the shares to "share" level security as I thought that's what I wanted. I was unable to connect to the server after that as it is not accepting the user/password I have set up. So now I changed all the shares back to "public" but the password prompt is still comming up when I try to browse the server. Why is it not accepting the user's password and why is it still prompting for a password even after setting all shares back to public? It isn't even letting me see the shares as it prompts for a password when click on the server.

Has anyone experienced this at all?

Thanks for any help.

Look into the differences between the usernames in unRAID and the user names on your Windows machines. You might want to restart the unRAID server, or at least restart SMB service.

it really helps if the Windows username is exactly the same as the unRAID username in terms of letter case. It's simpler if they're all lower case and no spaces.

You can Google search using the format:  "site:lime-technology.com user prompted password" you know something like that. Tom, Limetech, has some advice on this.

Hopefully that will fix you up!