Now offering single Pro Flash with D-316M server case for special price of $59

harmser

Still not my favorite case nor at a price point I could get behind. If the case were $299 and included caddies, I'd be inching toward it. But with so many manufacturers putting out cases, it just isn't a good price point. Best I can imagine is include the key.

Buy a super micro motherboard and you get six or eight cables..

Still not my favorite case nor at a price point I could get behind. If the case were $299 and included caddies, I'd be inching toward it. But with so many manufacturers putting out cases, it just isn't a good price point. Best I can imagine is include the key.

I agree.  I don't like that case either.

Can I pay the extra $40 and get two pro keys? I could toss the case and be money ahead.  Awesome deal, Tom!

I think that offer does not include the price of the case - it is for the unRAID license if you buy it at the same time as a case.  On that basis it is not quite the bargain you thought!

The case includes two of these built-in:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816215342&Tpk=BPN-DE350SS-BLACK

These sell for $117 on newegg x 2 is $234.  So you want us to include the rest of the case for $65?  :o

• 2 weeks later...

The price is higher for the case because the quality is higher.

I don't follow. When we get custom cases fabricated they're cheaper in higher qty.

What is your "higher qty"?  For example, Supermicro MOQ a couple years ago was 3,000 pcs.  I haven't bothered asking them lately.

Hey, I'm not bashing you or unraid. Just my flavor. Plus, honestly I don't even remember typing those posts. The first one, slightly, the second about quantity.. no clue I typed that.

But, I am talking quantity, we ordered custom fabricated cases for some industry specific builds we did and the price was decent at 500-1000, but no major break until we hit 5,000 units. We ended up buying close to 17,400 in all. We negotiated in 15,000 on terms so we got them in batches of 100 at the time for same price as 15k, but only because I knew we would go through them.. if you knew you would sell or already sold 15k you'd be in similar situation.

I'll admit I am not on top of istar, they seem to have well designed products but I've only ever used one model of 5.25:2.5" drive caddy. It was good.

Apologies if I offended, was not my intent. Keep doing what you do. I keep referring friends. I have 19 now that have switched from FreeNAS to unraid keys. I'll keep them coming, regardless of my personal opinions about your chassis, unraid is still great.

Just need people like me out there selling it for you :)