[Solved] PERC H310 causing system not to boot

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys!

I am trying to increase my storage capacity, so I built myself a new server.

So, I switched from a PowerEdge R210 II to a selfbuilt server with a Fujitsu d3643-h and an Intel Core i5 8500. It's got two 16GB Crucial 2666 uDIMMs. I tried to move over my Dell Perc H200 (flashed to IT mode) to the new server. But, when booting the server, it hangs on the Fujitsu BIOS splash screen.

I tried applying the electrical tape mod, but to no avail. I tried different orientations with the tape, but that didn't help unfortunately. Does anyone know what's wrong or what else could be tried?

Thanks a lot in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi I ran into a new problem when upgrading my mother board I removed a super micro mother board x11SAE that ran great with 2 LSI SAS9207-8i cards I replaced the board with another Super Micro board x11SPM-F and installed  one LSI card in it and plug the other 2 SAS cable right into the mother board and no matter what setting  I tried the board would just loop and not pick up my usb drive nor could I get into the cmos setting until I removed the LSI card, then I could boot up from the USB and once again access the Cmos setting. Does anyone have any idea if there might be a setting I'm missing on this board or is there a compatibility issue. I did try the tape trick with no luck there nice cards not sure why they refuse to work in this board and where plug and play in the other board.

Any input would be appreciated. 

lou

Edited by Lou
Solved