Web console unavailable, avahi errors in the syslog

I'm upgrading from rc12 I think to 5 final. The upgrade seemed to go fine, installed the key rebooted and for the most part I can get to the console okay on reboot.

I can get to the gui fine without problems for a bit, then all of sudden, nothing. I can't get to via server name or IP. The server is still up and functioning, serving files and I can get to it via telnet, it's just the console appears to be dead, I'm seeing a lot of these errors in my syslog.

Sep  7 17:27:24 CASCADE avahi-daemon[1112]: Invalid response packet from host 192.168.1.101.

Sep  7 17:29:04 CASCADE avahi-daemon[1112]: Invalid response packet from host 192.168.1.101.

Sep  7 17:30:44 CASCADE avahi-daemon[1112]: Invalid response packet from host 192.168.1.101.

Sep  7 17:32:23 CASCADE avahi-daemon[1112]: Invalid response packet from host 192.168.1.101.

Sep  7 17:34:03 CASCADE avahi-daemon[1112]: Invalid response packet from host 192.168.1.101.

This is pretty much a fresh install, no plugins and the stock 5.0 web gui.

SMB setting are as follows:

Enable SMB: Yes (Workgroup)

Done

Workgroup:  BAWDENHOME

Local master: No Yes 

-Josh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am having this issue too. Is there a solution?

This is one of the v5 threads about it, and if you search you'll find others (just as old) that associate it with a Mac on the network.  I believe you are running v6, so if you search, you'll find more appropriate and recent threads that associate the problem with a Windows 10 machine on your network.

• 2 weeks later...