Realtek Driver problem not fixed?

Cant seem to find any solutions posted. I've been trying to upgrade to 5.0 from RC11 with no luck. I've tried all the methods recommended to upgrade with the proper procedures. I've gone back to RC11 and all is fine, so for now, that is where I'll stay.

It looks like it boots OK with the monitor and keyboard attached but I can not find it on my network. No suggestions seem to work with regarding certificates, ect. Could it be a driver issue with the onboard Realtek LAN port and 5.0 final?

This is just the vanilla 5.0 just to see if it would boot as recommended by garycase in another post to ensure its not a plug-in issue. Once I can get everything OK, I'll copy over my config file.

I'm waiting to run a wired network once the weather cools down because the attic is hotter than a 1000 hells here in FL. Right now, I have my PC connected to my server through a switch. PC is wireless to the router. I'm obviously new to the network game, but from my best friend, google, would it be because there is nothing to assign a DHCP (or whatever the proper terminology is) or am I way off in my understanding? All I get is a MAC address when I run the ifconfig.  If so, why would it not work after pasting my config file with network settings into the vanilla 5.0?

My guess is it is a network issue and need to stick with my working RC until I can run my cat5e. Or manually set an IP address.

2013SEP13_1200.txt

If you did a wipe of you 5.0rc11 install on your move to 5.0 then your issue could be with the network.cfg file.

From what you just posted it sounds like your current configuration does not allow for a DHCP setup.  You will need to set a manual IP, subnet (match the subnet from your desktop machine), gateway (match from your desktop machine), and a DNS server (again match from you desktop machine).