Spin up/down state of disk unclear

I'm seeing something weird with disk spin up/down. I'd appreciate some insight.

Running unRAID 5.0 with the new webGui. On the webGui main page, disk2 appears to be spun up and active. There's a reading of temp and space off it. On uumenu, on the other hand, the same disk appears spun down with no temp reading.

The funny thing is, that the "correct" (i.e. expected) state of disk2 should be spun down. This is since (a) there's currently no data on it and no application or remote user that are (supposed to be) using it, and (b) the last line on the log pertaining to disk2 is "mdcmd (21): spindown 2" from yesterday, with no matching spinup message.

So, a few things bother me:

(1) Why is the discrepancy between webGUI and uument? Where does each get its disk status (CLI interface), and why would these two differ?

(2) What is the "true" status of disk2?

(3) If indeed the true status of disk2 is "spun down" (as expected, mainly due to the reasons stated above), where does webGui get its temp reading from? Is it just stale data from /var/local/emhttp/disks.ini ??

It appears as though uumenu takes the spin state from the rdevLastIO in the mdcmd status output. Not sure where webGui takes its blink indication from (didn't dive into the PHP code yet).

Thanks for any help.