--rebuild-tree fails and need assistance on recovering data from drive

Hello Folks,

I have run into 2 items I am requesting assistance with.

1. How can you recover (copy) the data from an old unraid drive that was replaced already and the system will not let me readd it?  Short story is I had a couple errors on this drive and replaced it with a new drive from WD and have a host of issues since then and lost 1TB of data on this drive.  So I am looking for a way to just copy the data off the filesystem and not put this one back in the unraid.

2. Here is a long winded problem. Started out with a failed drive.  The unraid was fine before and parity was in sync.  This drive was dead.  No response.  I replaced it with one WD sent me.  I let the system rebuild it, which seemed to rebuild just fine.  I then had another drive with a few errors (drive in problem #1 above) that I tried to replace as well.  I received the replacement drive from WD and replaced it and the system rebuilt it.  After rebuilding, the drive had a problem (honestly I can't remember what showed the problem), which I did a reiserfsck --check on the drive. It suggsested fix-fixable which showed some more problems.  I then did a rebuild-tree on that one.  It found all sorts of problem and in the end I ended up with 600GB of data down from 1.7GB's.  Over 1 TB lost.  Well, I still have that old drive in #1 above and want to copy all the data, so I am not too worried about this one.  After all this, another drive had issues and showed up red after a reboot.  This is md4.  I ran through the steps to correct and check for problems again and after 2-3 weeks and --rebuild-tree hanging, I now need some assistance on md4.  I have attached the syslog and the putty log from all the commands.  Here are the last lines of the rebuild-tree:

vpf-10260: The file we are inserting the new item (3275 3289 0x25004001 IND (1), len 4048, location 48 entry count 0, fsck need 0, format new) into has no StatData, insertion was skipped

vpf-10260: The file we are inserting the new item (3275 3289 0x253f8001 IND (1), len 4048, location 48 entry count 0, fsck need 0, format new) into has no StatData, insertion was skipped

vpf-10260: The file we are inserting the new item (3275 3289 0x257ec001 IND (1), len 1824, location 2272 entry count 0, fsck need 0, format new) into has no StatData, insertion was skipped

^[[b

I also tried the rebuild-sb and that completed but did not help much.  This drive I really want to recover whatever I can but it will not mount and the system says to format the drive.  I know this nightmare can be a fun challenge to a gracious person out there, so any next pointers would be appreciated.  Off smart report on this drive was fine, there were no errors, so it seems just like a directory issue and hopefully not the data. 

Many thanks for any assistance.

2013-9-25-unraid-system-log.txt

Thank you Dgaschk.

Here is my version number as I did not list it but should be in the syslog:

version: 5.0-rc8a

Any other assistance on the drive where --rebuild-tree hangs?  Rerunning it multiple times does not resolve the problem spot.  It stops each time at the same spot.  Many thanks for any assistance.